My first "hotrod" 67 continental 56k carefull - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
speed on..hell aint half full.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man, Im movin to arizona!!yall got all the sweet rides..that thing still has floorboards too....That lincoln is ti*s man (one of the cool 4doors) If you learn to work on that motor, you can work on any old car...good luck dude...keep the pics comin, Id like to see where you go with it...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2007, 12:33 PM

Last journal entry: Body work
Last photo:

Man, gotta love those suicide door Lincolns and Arizona sheet metal. I tried to talk my son into one of them a while back but he's into the ricers, definitely not from my gene pool, they are bad rides when done right. Might have to get a second job to feed it gas though Know what you mean about heat, my garage in mesa isn't cooled at all and It's brutal this time of year.
Good luck with the Lincoln and keep us posted on the progress.

Ed.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanLT1
Man, gotta love those suicide door Lincolns and Arizona sheet metal. I tried to talk my son into one of them a while back but he's into the ricers, definitely not from my gene pool, they are bad rides when done right. Might have to get a second job to feed it gas though Know what you mean about heat, my garage in mesa isn't cooled at all and It's brutal this time of year.
Good luck with the Lincoln and keep us posted on the progress.

Ed.
thanks alot for the response, and i laughed about your son, my daily driver is actually a honda prelude that ive done some stuff too, motor blew up when i bought it (67 miles after the warranty mind you) so i swapped the japanese motor for 40 extra HP, lowered it a little bit, but besides that its stock, im doing all the body work on it right now. Cant beat the nearly 40 MPG's i get on the freeway though about 34 in town.

as for gas on the lincoln, Its going to cost me an arm and a leg, I wont drive it that much though for that reason. But i dont plan on keeping it for all that long after i finish it, maybe 6 months before i move on to my next project. Im going to build a 57 harley havent decided on the motor yet(dads got the frame at his house) for my mom for her 50th BDAY.

then my next personal one, i want a deuce coupe, but thats a hard find for a reasonable cost.

as for the garage, i would kill for that. Just to have interioir space. I wouldnt have to worry abotu some **** head walking by and stealing tools or my boombox. But i love it, so i work around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALGONEKATT
Man, Im movin to arizona!!yall got all the sweet rides..that thing still has floorboards too....That lincoln is ti*s man (one of the cool 4doors) If you learn to work on that motor, you can work on any old car...good luck dude...keep the pics comin, Id like to see where you go with it...
arizona is absoutly amazing as far as cars go, simply because of the weather, virtually rust free cars. My car has 1 rust spot total, its on the right rear quater pannel and its about 6 by 2 inches. Not a big deal, in a semi difficult spot, ill take some pictures in a little bit and post them. Its pretty much gone though. The trunk seal has been gone for a long time im sure and it leaked down into that side and ruined it, but nothing you cant fix right or rather learn to fix. I hope to be done with the car with in a year. I dont know if that will happen or not, but ive gotten a lot done on it so far considering ive spent oh maybe 30 hours on it due to heat since i got it. The interior is out, power seat motors rebuilt, working on all the power window stuff right now. The floor is stripped down no more sound deadner, (any suggestions for that by the way, dynamat is really expensive), almost all of the chrome is off the car, the fuel tank is out, the rear portion of the exhaust is out (got to hot to finish), carb is off, head lights and tail lights are out.

im going to do some custom stuff to the car that i like like we are going to air bag it, But keep the orrigional hubcaps and just refurb them and put them on some nice whitewalls. Then on the rear of the car im going to remove the back up lights, and put the exhaust comming out of where the back up lights where, with a rectangle tip so it sits flush, and im going to relocate the back up lights to where it previously had red reflectors in the rear chrome stripping and use some powerfull LEDS to light it. We will see how all that goes and if i can pull it off though

im going to go take a few pictures for you all and post them right now. check back in a few minutes!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:27 PM

Last photo:

its current state outside due to monsoon season

my only cancer

driver side front fender is bent in unfortuantly

th rear driverside quater, has similar damage to the front.

the front bumper mounts, the mangled one is from the right side of the bumper where the fender is bent and it broke the mount on the bumper that held the mount and bumper back together, i need to take it down to the shop and tack that back on there.

and straighten it out haha

and my daily driver. the body work is almost finished. I was really motivated when i started it, then i got the lincoln and i dont really care about the mad honda. Its going going gone as soon as its painted. Then im going to ship my truck thats at my dads house out here (64 chevy flat bed straight 6) it needs the carb rebuilt and a new cap and rotor and some tires. then thats good enough untill i can get a newer truck but heres the daily driver

ill have some more pictures for you all once it decides to have bright sunshine for a day. And ill get some of the bumpers and everything

enjoy thanks for all the responses guys!
brandon
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 PM
It will too fit!!

Very nice!

I'm amazed at the condition of that car! I drive a 92 daily and its way worse than that... Good thing about the desert!
Good luck with the car, you seem to have alot of solid ideas, keep us posted with the progress
Old 07-25-2007, 06:33 PM

Last photo:

thanks, and i will. Once the heat dies down this thread will take off because ill be doing probably around 3-5 hours of work everyday
Old 07-26-2007, 06:25 AM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Nice car (I just noticed this thread, so I'll admit I'm a bit late to the party), and definately keep us posted. Just a little tip too. Start a project journal to further document the work.

In a while, Chet.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM
speed on..hell aint half full.

Last photo:

Hahaha....
Old 07-26-2007, 04:25 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALGONEKATT
Hahaha....
yup i couldnt agree more actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitz
Nice car (I just noticed this thread, so I'll admit I'm a bit late to the party), and definately keep us posted. Just a little tip too. Start a project journal to further document the work.

In a while, Chet.
yeah i just found out about the journals when you told me, so im going to start one of those this weekend when i have some more time, thanks for the advice man.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

thanks for the pics there saved for future reference.
Shane

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.