Hot Rod Forum banner

My first interior

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nine4gmc 
#1 ·
Far from perfect, but for a first go I'm fairly happy with it. Back seats came out great. Not in love with the front seats but I'll probably re-do them after I improve a bit. Thanks to Dan for all the excellent advice and assistance.

Any comments/suggestions from anyone are always appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

Before:

During/After:

The car (not a hot rod on this go around but I still love her)

See less See more
#5 ·
El Volcano said:
Looks good. I'll be wrapping my seats soon. What, if anything, would you have done differently for the front seats?
I'd use foam instead of the fleece like material BMW uses, and I'd use a heavier leather.

I'm actually in the process of totally re-doing it. Probably a thread tomorrow. I went back and did it with two-tone, foam, pleats, etc. Looks considerably better IMHO, just less oem.

#7 ·
much better, though the first time was not bad for a beginner, you should have seen some of my first seats!! Once I found that spending more time on the pattern means less time and hassle later, my work got way better. the first couple seats I did, I just cut patterns from the old leather and sewed it all together without even testing panels on the seats prior to sewing. those came out pretty rough to say the least...now I iron out the old leather for patterns and really test fit every piece to the seat before and during sewing them together. its a lot easier to fix a panel that way than after you get the seat sewn, lol! be sure to use "cut notches" on your patterns too, to line your panels up. it helps keep everything lined up, especially when doing rounded panels or curves.

foam helps a lot to cover up small imperfections and give a fuller look than just using vinyl by itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.