Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My first interior project.......your input is welcomed
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Last journal entry: Interior
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ponderosa is the style of material I got. Since this is my first custom job, my goal is to keep this custom, yet conservative, and inexpensive. I went to hobby lobby and they had black vinyl, but I passed. I found this "ponderosa" pattern which resembles distressed black leather hyde. I'm not 100% what the actual material is. $10/yd so I moved on it. I'm happy with it, I'll just have to see how durable it will be.

There was carpet on the lower part of the door panel. I'm not sure if I pulled off the original carpet or not, regardless it was an eye sore. I'm going to cover it with the material that I have in order to conserve funds. I'm going to see what it looks like black. If it's too much of a contrast, I'll paint it charcoal gray, like the upper inserts.

I just ordered the original Silverado emblems off ebay. It's only an 88 and they were a challenge to find. I can't seem to find the pull strap so I will modify some universal ones.