Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My first stab at bodywork and finish paint! videos
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreek6872
190 views and 1 guy responded?? Doesn't look THAT terrible does it??

Andy
There isn't that much to say other than an atta boy! You know about the trash in it, other than that it looks great and welcome to the world of body and paint.

Where do you have the intake and exhaust in your "booth"? It's pretty hard to set something like that up, the air needs to move across the painting area but damn if you don't have it REALLY tight you are going to be sucking in all kinds of crap from around the filters. I don't only mean right at the filter but any gap anywhere in the room opposite the fan. We are talking the path of least resistance. If the air can get in someone besides the filter it's going to. I have personally never made up anything like that, I just put a fan down low at one end of the room to get the overspray out. It isn't very effective but it's a trade off, not that effective but less stuff in the paint.

The bad thing is, if you aren't getting that stuff out you are really cutting down the oxygen in the room and it's very dangerous if you aren't using a fresh air breathing setup.

Brian

Brian