Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My first stab at bodywork and finish paint! videos
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Brian,

Great to see you again! You were one of the people I was referring to and I'm always open to hear your opinions and advice. Thanks!

OK, here's the booth setup. its 12x22. 2 filters on the dividing wall between 2 garages (same size). They are 16x20 and about at eye level (6ft) spaced out evenly along the 22 ft wall. On the outside wall I have a attic fan 7ft up and centered in the 22 ft. I also have a old furnace fan about a foot off the floor and near the garage door.

Now, here is my theory about the dust...

First I completely cleaned any crap out the booth the night before all except for sawhorses and hood and air hose. I thoughly vac'd the floor with a commercial shop vac and new bag. The walls all have brand new paint and new salt treated "baseboard" all around the floor.

On the morning of painting, I lightly wetted the entire floor down and never opened the large outside door. I turned on the fans 1 hour before painting and left the room.

My theory is this: The furnace filters I am using are crap and the fans are sucking dust right through them. #2 I left the booth a couple times quickly thru an interior door.

Next time I'm getting new micro filters, turning 1 fan off and trying to not leave the booth at all.

NOW, which fan would be better to leave run? Up high, or down low? I value your opinion.

Andy

PS. lots of related pics on my homepage