Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My first stab at bodywork and finish paint! videos
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks so much, I feel honored! I hope others see my videos and gain a little bit of info about the products and methods i am using. There is really nothing difficult here, just basic common sense about taking your time and trying to keep your work and work area as clean as humanly possible. I have had 3 other cars painted by lifetime body and paint guys who each had booths (albiet not super high tech downdraft operating room stuff) and every single one of those cars came out with just as much or almost as much dust settled ON TOP of the final wet coat of paint. Guess what? Thats the first thing that gets sanded off!! Its like a no brainer!!

Would I like less dust on my next project? Of course! I can truthfully say when I shot the first video I didnt even give the dust a second thought because I knew it was first to go. I was MUCH MORE concerned about how long it was going to take to get the more orange peely areas sanded down flat.

I'm surprised it had such an effect on people, but I guess they havent been around too many paintjobs that come out of less than perfect "booths".

Anyway, I have enjoyed the input and the discussion and I am on to the next project: My Nova that I have wanted to repaint for at least the last 6 years or so, just didnt have the money to pay someone else to do it!

CHEERS!

Andy