Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   My Ford Logo from shop (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/my-ford-logo-shop-102604.html)

klatt_89 11-16-2006 03:15 PM

My Ford Logo from shop

1 Attachment(s)
Heavy duty 12gauge flaming Ford oval Emblem i made. Let me know what you think.

russlaferrera 11-16-2006 06:37 PM

Ford Logo

I think it is creative and cool. If mas produced it would make a great decal, or if larger in metal garage art. How many can you make in a hour? Just kidding..russ

klatt_89 11-16-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russlaferrera
I think it is creative and cool. If mas produced it would make a great decal, or if larger in metal garage art. How many can you make in a hour? Just kidding..russ

Thanks, well those 2 were made in around 30 minutes and that includes tracing the design onto them, the first one i made took 5 minutes and i cut the Ford letters out.
I had to add more flames cuase that made the emblem look better.
The paint took about 10 minutes for the 2 than 5 minutes on the Ford letters and clearcoat. I did this pretty fast and definently could make them smoother with patience. I think i'm going to put lights behind the ones on my truck because there is the extra space in between and i'll see how that turns out.
I had extra time in shop and had to do a project so this is the results of them. Took me 1 class period where as the mufflers took me around a 2-3 weeks of classes because of equipment being used etc.
Thanks again, and it would be excelent garage art if made bigger, but if i were to make bigger i'd add more flames because thats how i designed them.

russlaferrera 11-16-2006 07:52 PM

Ford Logo

Klatt 89 , I am shooting from the hip on this.

You have the basic design, have some fun with it. You can make it glitter, or put reflective paint, for a custom rod. Make it ruff to to go on a Rat rod. Or keep it the way it is...you are the designer.

I also think (at times) it would look cool on a business card....russ

klatt_89 11-16-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russlaferrera
Klatt 89 , I am shooting from the hip on this.

You have the basic design, have some fun with it. You can make it glitter, or put reflective paint, for a custom rod. Make it ruff to to go on a Rat rod. Or keep it the way it is...you are the designer.

I also think (at times) it would look cool on a business card....russ

Thank you, i'm sure i can have some fun with a plasma cutter in shop......changing up the flames and maybe making a few protypes. i kept this one slightly rough cause its on a newer vehicle but it does still have the roughness of making it look like real flames.