my friend died - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

my friend died

falconerfuneralhome.net/?p=obituary_view&id=56605.
As far as i know he was racing but it don't really matter.
last time i saw him he was with his G/F and his son at wall mart he told me he was fixin up a 1982 pontiac firebird which he wrecked in. i went to the funeral yesterday and there was a couple hotrods there including my truck, well after
the funeral a couple dudes got into an old formula firebird i was parked by and he revved it so i said what the h*() and opened all four barrels on my truck next
thing you know 20-30 cars from V8s diesels and 4 bangers were all gettin the s*() revved out of 'em all at the same time in the middle of jamestown i guarantee people heard it for miles people were cheerin an stuff i really think he woulda liked that. I lost my job because i took the day off but thats OK i was sick of workin on other peoples cars anyhow went up to where he wrecked this mornin it was really foggy out parked next to a blood smear on the road somebody set up a couple memorials there i gave him a good cigar still felt as empty as i do now i was hopin that he would pop out of the bushes and say HAHAHA fooled you!! . You know there's alot of people out there who think streetracers are subhuman criminals i don't think he was he was and i'm sure the 100-200 people who were at the funeral feels the same way i do lot of hot chicks up there too he's da !!!. i remember one day he told me i was goin to find that special girl which i gave up on a long time ago i didn't believe him but you know i think i'm gonna try to do that and do the things i love to do he wouldn't want any other but for now i'm gonna get trashed.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

he musta been quite a friend. i think that's such a great tribute to him to rev up your engines at the funeral. couldn't think of nothin i'd like better at mine.

street racin is fine be me as long as it's out in the boonies. yeah lots of people just think your a boob but if there isn't a track around... besides thats what hotrodding i think is all about. if your out drivin and someone pulls up to you and gasses it. you meet up and say lets go out to so& so and race. as far as stop light to stop light i wouldn't have probs unless someone runs a red light or youre in down town.

your old boss sounds like a buttnugget anyway, there's more jobs. as for the right woman to come along it took about 45 years for mine. you could be dead then. that's why there's hookas. thank GOD for hookas. take it easy man don't drink too much and drive, you might end up next to him. sucks, and there aint nothin you can do about it.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Always solid advise from the Bull................................

Sorry about your friend.............life goes on

Budget RVs
Old 10-15-2008, 04:51 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Street racing is stupid, deadly, and illegal no matter where its done. Your friend is dead, and that should be a perfect example of why racing on the street so dangerous.

There is no reason or excuse for it, including the fact that there may not be a track nearby. This may sound callus but its not meant that way. I'm terribly sorry that your friend died, but if he hadn't been street racing chances are he would be alive today. Keep that in mind the next time your tempted to let testosterone rule your actions instead of common sense.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM

Last photo:

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Son's Truck
Last photo:

I'm sorry for the loss of a good friend, The thing is we have all done some racing. As I look back on my racing days, Was just not thinking anything could go wrong! I was lucky! Some of my friends where not! Maybe something to learn hear! Want to race! Please take it to the local track where you will be safer and if you do get hurt the emt's can't get you to the hospital fast.

Sorry for your loss
Craig
Old 10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Street racing is stupid, deadly, and illegal no matter where its done. Your friend is dead, and that should be a perfect example of why racing on the street so dangerous.

There is no reason or excuse for it, including the fact that there may not be a track nearby. This may sound callus but its not meant that way. I'm terribly sorry that your friend died, but if he hadn't been street racing chances are he would be alive today. Keep that in mind the next time your tempted to let testosterone rule your actions instead of common sense.
and if he could come back tomorrow he would probably still street race. no since in going thru life being uptight.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline

I will say it cause I am betting a few are thinking it

Pretty nasty centerline ............ hope your friends live forever.
Hope you smash your fingers with a hammer .........
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
1976 Ranchero GT

Last journal entry: Almost time for the first drive!
Last photo:

I agree with centerline.
I don't want my family to be killed by a street racer!
How would you feel if your wife and child were killed by a couple of guys racing on the road?
Some do it in the right places... Some do not!
Maybe I will shoot my high powered rifle in my back yard randomly at nothing.... Sorry Pepi if I killed your neighbors or family members... I was just having some fun bro.. You understand.

Last edited by weirdbeard; 10-15-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runn141
and if he could come back tomorrow he would probably still street race. no since in going thru life being uptight.
There's a big difference between being uptight and being an idiot and I don't think anyone in that situation would be stupid enough to do it again.

Last edited by Centerline; 10-15-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi
I will say it cause I am betting a few are thinking it

Pretty nasty centerline ............ hope your friends live forever.
Hope you smash your fingers with a hammer .........
Is that the best you can do????

Sure it was nasty. Its pretty plain to see that this kid and a lot of other people see nothing wrong with street racing.

As one who has been there and witnessed a family of four killed by a couple idiots street racing (Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 1966) I've seen first hand what it can do. Occasionally someone has to be tough enough to let people know how dangerous racing on the street is BEFORE THEY KILL THEMSELVES OR SOMEONE ELSE. Sorry you don't approve of my methods but then again, I'm not doing it to please you or to be popular. I'm just trying to save a few lives.

Last edited by Centerline; 10-15-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I do agree with Centerline,But there is a time and the right place to do that kind of stuff.

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 10-15-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Last wiki edit: Hand cleaner Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

im with Certerline on this.

im sorry your friend is dead. i am also sorry his son will growup without a father.
racing on the street is extremely dangerous to say the least, not just to the people involved, but to anyone on that street at that time.
years ago i did some street racing myself, its not cool & its not smart, it is flat out stupid.
i lost a couple of friends to it.
drinking + cars don't mix, add in speed & you have a disaster looking to happen.
if you want to drink, don't drive.
if you want to race, take it to the track.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

Centerline, your way outta line. Theres got to be a better place or time for you to vent. Somebody died, not the right time to go off on a rant.

If you must, start your own thread on why street racing is bad don't go high-jacking one like this to get your point across.

Sorry about your friend

bonuts
Old 10-16-2008, 01:46 AM

Last journal entry: Hand brake
Last photo:

Those of us who have had first hand experience with traffic accidents caused by street racing, drunk driving or the like, often have another opinion on what's the best time & place to get our points across.

It's about seeing the whole picture I guess. Not only the fun side, but also the other possible results...

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.