My friends were in a wreck near Oklahoma City - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My friends were in a wreck near Oklahoma City

Some of my friends from Southeast Texas were on their way to Oklahoma City for a street rod meet few days ago and were involved in a serious accident.
Dan who has this truck was pulling it on a trailer and they were a little south of Oklahoma City when the drive shaft of a big truck in front of them fell out from under it. Dan was able to avoid the drive shaft but some other friends who were behind him in a sweet 52 Willys street rod hit it. Everyone pulled over to inspect the damage, and as Barnie and Paula were looking over their Willys Barnie heard tires squealing and saw a car coming toward them out of control who had also struck the drive shaft. He hollered to Paula to run. She ran, but unfortunately almost parallel to the highway as Barnie headed for the ditch. The out of control car hit the Willys and drove it forward striking Paula and hurling her some 40+ feet then both cars struck the back of Dan's trailer inflicting little damage to the trailer and no damage to the trailered truck. Paula sustained a broken pelvis, broken leg, broken arm, broken ribs and was life flighted to a hospital in I assume Oklahoma City and is in intensive care. Dan said it was miracle that there was no fire or explosion as they had just left a gas station where they all had filled up, and gasoline was everywhere. The Willys is a total write off as it was completely destroyed.

I may have some of the facts wrong as I got this information from a frantic cell phone call about 10:00am this morning. Also did any one going to the street rod show in Oklahoma City happen to see the accident I think it happened on IH35 North?

Vince

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Sorry to hear that Vince.. Hope everyone come's out this OK.. I will keep them in my prayers..
Old 04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Sorry to hear that Vince.. Hope everyone come's out this OK.. I will keep them in my prayers..
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Vince
Old 04-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Things can go so bad, so fast out on the road. Best of luck to Paula and a speedy recovery.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Wow. What a horror story Vince. The metal can all be repaired or replaced, but the injury to people is of much more concern.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:55 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Family and Friends of these unfortunate Folks. Man, that stuff can happen before you know it even when you are driving as safely as possible. Sorry for their losses but so glad that no one perished.

May God bless and keep them all.

Keep us informed as you can, Vince.

WR/Em
Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Sorry to hear that man, that's a horrible story. We can only hope this turns out better than it started....

K
Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Last photo:

Update: Paula is still in ICU and being slowly taken off the ventilator. She is alert and aware of people and knows who they are. It is going to take a long time for her to recover, right now she is pretty much doped up on pain killers. The hotel that the guys were staying at for the show has comped Barnie's room for as long as he needs it.

The car: Was insured for $47K, but he had just installed a new crate engine in it. The truck that dropped the driveshaft as well as the car that hit the Willys both have insurance.

More to follow
Vince

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.