My funnel storage/drain system - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 11:35 PM

Last journal entry: '27 roadster quarter panels from scratch
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My funnel storage/drain system

Thought I'd post this up. Made it a couple of years ago. Used an old chunk of stainless trench drain I found in a dumpster, scrap PVC and scrap lumber. It works great, is completely out of the way and takes up no room at all! And, the ATF jug doesn't even get remotely full!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Psychomotors

Pretty cool idea. I might just have to borrow that one,lol.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

back in the day.

My brother pumped gas 50 years or so ago and had a length of rain gutter and wires across to hold the oil cans . Right on the main highway and they sold a lot of oil . the final drippings gave him about 1/2 a gallon a day. cars used nore oil in those days. usually it was ask what grade of gasopline and ask if they wanted the oil checked and. if they needed oil , the can drained in the engine while the windows were washed and the gas tank filled. I still collect the last bit of oil. I save a cardboard oil case,. cut off the tops of 6 plastic cans put then in the bottom and turn the fresh oil cans upside down and let them drip. I used the collected oil in squirt cans, for the drill press, lubing farm machinery and my model T speedster. has the flipper oil caps on the front spindle king pins, spring snackles,, etc
Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Psychomotors

Lol,that reminds me of my dad. He did something similar to that around the same time period. He worked at a Phillips 66 station and would collect the oil back into a empty can and then sell the can when it was full. He said that he kept that money for himself, since he had already sold it.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Very nice evintho! I'll be copying that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale
My brother pumped gas 50 years or so ago and had a length of rain gutter and wires across to hold the oil cans . Right on the main highway and they sold a lot of oil . the final drippings gave him about 1/2 a gallon a day. cars used nore oil in those days. usually it was ask what grade of gasopline and ask if they wanted the oil checked and. if they needed oil , the can drained in the engine while the windows were washed and the gas tank filled. I still collect the last bit of oil. I save a cardboard oil case,. cut off the tops of 6 plastic cans put then in the bottom and turn the fresh oil cans upside down and let them drip. I used the collected oil in squirt cans, for the drill press, lubing farm machinery and my model T speedster. has the flipper oil caps on the front spindle king pins, spring snackles,, etc
I usually buy motor oil in case of 6 or 12 bottles. As I use a bottle, I put the cap back on, and place it upside down back in the box to let the remaining oil drip to the new "bottom".

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.