Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My good old friend: Rust
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just wanted to throw this out there also, It looks like you will need to take the back window out to do the repairs. It may have already been mentioned, but I didn't see it anywhere. For filler, my personal preference is evercoat's "Z-Grip". It is cost effective, easy to work with and sands easily. The rage line of fillers is also a good choice. For tools to do the repairs, I would recommend at the very least, Angle die grinder, 1/16" cut off wheel for the angle grinder you have mentions, sheet metal shears, and body hammers. That will get you a good start on fixing it. I noticed you said your neighbors had tools and maybe a few cars as well? Maybe they could come over and help you get started with it? Just a thought, because a lot of this can be explained and you can read and learn a LOT of helpful information, but there is no replacement for experience sometimes. Like someone else mentioned, I highly recommend welding, patching etc on something that doesn't matter before you start on the car. Even if you get some scrap metal and weld on and cut out pieces and weld them back in so on and so forth. get a feel for the welder and the process before you try it on the car. Best of luck with it, You will find a wealth of knowledge and help from the other guys on here.

Kelly