Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Projects/Builds/My Ride (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/projects-builds-my-ride/)
-   -   My kustom shifters. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/my-kustom-shifters-232531.html)

GugerArt 05-04-2013 12:41 PM

My kustom shifters.

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I should start a proper thread for my shifters and artworks.

/Gustav

Valkyrie5.7 05-04-2013 12:46 PM

Very cool.

Just to keep this thread alive and to see more pictures of your work, please make sure to stay within the board guidelines as far as advertising and selling products. I'd hate to see this thread go to waste. Any more shifter knobs you'd like to share?

GugerArt 05-04-2013 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 (Post 1672757)
Very cool.

Just to keep this thread alive and to see more pictures of your work, please make sure to stay within the board guidelines as far as advertising and selling products. I'd hate to see this thread go to waste. Any more shifter knobs you'd like to share?

Thank you very much for your comment (I'll keep that in mind)!

I have uploaded a bunch of shifters in my photoalbum, but here's some more. :)

GugerArt 05-04-2013 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another one..

Valkyrie5.7 05-04-2013 02:36 PM

wow! those are really cool. How long does it take to make one from the time from design to finished product, usually?

GugerArt 05-04-2013 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 (Post 1672788)
wow! those are really cool. How long does it take to make one from the time from design to finished product, usually?

Thanks.. Well it really depends, but I normally does the clay model in 1-2 days (not 8-16 hours though haha). Then after that it's moldmaking, casting and painting.
Once the mold is done it goes pretty fast. :)

Here's one of my faves. :D

MARTINSR 05-04-2013 06:04 PM

Yep those are very cool, thanks for posting.

Brian

scottersrods 05-04-2013 06:18 PM

Looks very awesome. :thumbup:

GugerArt 05-05-2013 01:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 1672878)
Yep those are very cool, thanks for posting.

Brian

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottersrods (Post 1672883)
Looks very awesome. :thumbup:

Thank to both of you for checking them out.. It means alot. :)

I have also made som kustom volumeknobs for guitars.. And these are used by the bassist in the blackmetal band Naglfar.

GugerArt 05-05-2013 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another guitar volumeknob.. With a fliphat (these where made for my friend "Waxer").

Valkyrie5.7 05-05-2013 01:02 PM

Nice! I have a friend thats really into black metal, so I'm familiar with Naglfar. I'm more of a NWOBHM and 80's Thrash fan myself, but that's very, very cool. Any other acts that you've done guitar parts for? I play guitar as well, so it's awesome to see another rodder who crosses boundaries into both of my interests.

GugerArt 05-05-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 (Post 1673115)
Nice! I have a friend thats really into black metal, so I'm familiar with Naglfar. I'm more of a NWOBHM and 80's Thrash fan myself, but that's very, very cool. Any other acts that you've done guitar parts for? I play guitar as well, so it's awesome to see another rodder who crosses boundaries into both of my interests.

Thanks.. Well All the stringbenders in Naglfar is endorsedby me for volumeknobs, and so is the guitarrist Magnus Martinsson in Overtorture (ex member of the swedish death metal band Grave).

I am actually a graphics designer... (the knobs is just something I've done for the last 6-8 months), and I have done quite a lot of bandshirts, logos etc for bands around the world.
Feel free to check out my website********************* to see some of the stuff I've done (it's not updated in ages though).

Thanks again for commenting! :)

GugerArt 05-06-2013 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my latest shifter.. Finished just minutes ago..

itsjusti 05-06-2013 02:06 PM

These are BA! Would you be able to/willing to make ********

GugerArt 05-06-2013 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsjusti (Post 1673400)
These are BA! Would you be able to/willing to make***************

Hahaha.. I've been thinking of many of these examples that you lined up.. Owen knobs for an example. :D
The thing is that I have no place to cast in metal (yet), but I am searching.. Cause I have 2 large grocerybags of scrap brass waiting to be casted.
I am always interested in trying news things and therefore I was the volumeknobs a natural thing to do.

I made this powerswithch for a swedish tattooartist (instead of his footswitch pedal).