Hot Rod Forum banner

My latest hot rod pinup painting

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  fst64_v8pwr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, just finished my latest painting & I was really psyched about how it turned out, so I thought I'd share. Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
G-Wiz said:
Hey Bill-E-Bob, that does look great! I recently joined and I'm a painter too. Tell me more about your technique and the medium. Good job!
Thank you! It's acrylics on canvas. I'm still developing my technique, and frankly don't exactly know what I'm doing. haha :) I start out sketching some basic outlines on with pencil so I can get the proportions right. Then once I'm happy with that, I just start slappin' paint on 'til it looks right to me. I usually just use 3 brushes, a big flat one, a small flat one, and a tiny pointed one for small details. I have more luck blending colors on the canvas than on a pallet but I'm not sure if that's a good technique or not. haha

lawless said:
that is absolutely gorgeous!
i love traditional art, i work too much with graphic arts that i miss being able to hang up a finished painting on the wall.
Thanks! I know how ya feel. I work as a designer for the weather channel, doin' digital art all day every day, but I still find myself needing a creative outlet when I get home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.