my new side project - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
mini me

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

my new side project

hey guess what? chicken butt. haha.....no seriously my and my boss man over the years have grown pretty close he's more like my buddy anymore. So anyway today we were bullskitting and i told him i was going to eventually get a s10 and make it into a work truck, so he says "i'll give ya a truck" which happens to be a descent dodge truck it just needs paint and a motor and some odds and ends.

oh ya it's a 4-speed and it's been sitting at his house for a few years and just recently he brought it out to the property (thats where we park all our work trucks)

i'll see if i can post some pic.'s of it tom. (wed.) but i thaught that was pretty cool to go to work and come home as a proud owner of a dodge truck and it's free man i couldn't say "no" to that even if it is a little ugly

just wanted to share my good news with everyone, J

Advertisement

Last edited by jesse01; 11-08-2005 at 04:35 PM. Reason: forget a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2005, 04:22 PM
mini me

Last photo:

alright i got some pic.'s of 'ol girl. now remember she's been sitting for a while but now maybe i could put her to good use once i get 'er running

any thaughts or suggestions? remember she is only going to be work purposes only, no track days in this trucks future unless i get my car put back together than i'll use it to pull a car trailer

J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	7756   Click image for larger version

Name:	truck 2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	7757   Click image for larger version

Name:	truck 3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	7758  
Old 11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

Expensive is bad. Free is good.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

That's quite a bit different than an S-10.

Doesn't look to be in bad shape. What's the catch? Are you going to keep the utility bed on it? Those end up being junk collectors and you haul around a ton of stuff you never need (unless you're in construction or electrical contracting or plumbing or make auto repair service runs...). Lots of possibilities for that truck -- keep the utility boxes or flatbed or smooth aluminum van body just the height of the cab (camping, tools, whatever). Depends on what kind of working it will be doing.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
mini me

Last photo:

ya the body isn't all that bad. the bottom of the 2 doors has bubbles where rust is starting to set in underneath the paint. just mainly needs a paint job

the utility bed i'm gonna keep it on there cause of my job. i set mobile homes so i end up using alot of tools and different materials i need on each house, so the bens would help keep things a little more organized. plus i can keep MY tools under lock & key so that the other guys i work with can't help themselves to my tools and loose em', break 'em, or (my favorite) leave em' under the house

so far theres no catch that i'm aware of. shute he's even giving the 2 318's he has sitting around and of them was a crate motor he had in one of our other work trucks (before i started working there) and what i gather one of the guys he had working for him at the time got too hot and locked it up. i might be wrong but i think thats what happened. i havn't really had a chance to ask him details about the 2 since i only seen him an hour or two for the last few days

i think it should be a fun project, J
Old 11-10-2005, 06:25 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Something you might want to consider before jumping into the project is to count the cost. What will it cost you to get it in road-worthy condition versus one that's already running? Since it's going to be a work truck instead of the hot rod of your dreams, cost does matter. You might want to do an inventory of what it's going to take to get it where you want to go. That will give you a better idea about whether it's a parts truck or the foundation.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:08 PM
mini me

Last photo:

i wouldn't think it would be too expensive the main thing is getting a motor together and in the truck plus a windshield. all the trim like the grille and headlight assembaly and bumper all that comes with it

but ya i know what your saying, when i get a free day (this weekend hopefully) i can look it over and try to tally up a rough estimate

i like it cause it'll be my own work truck. i don't care what looks like for the time being. i'll get painted later or maybe i could try my 1st paint job on it

spray paint here i come

J

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.