My new(used) truck - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

My new(used) truck

I have been looking for a truck for a while now. I had a good lead from my neighbor on a F250 Super Duty a while back, but that fell through.

On Tuesday one of my good customers came in for brake repair on his truck and I checked it all out and he needed front brakes with rotors and calipers, the whole works in the front. He made the comment about the truck being only worth about $2000.00 so I told him I would give him 2k for it. He said let me think about it. He had me replace the front brakes and all, then the next day he came in and said sure I will sell it to you.

I have maintained this truck since 2002 and its in very good shape, mechanically and body wise. Its a 1998 F150 with a v6 and a manual trans, with 73,000 miles on it, and a long bed, with air conditioning. I looked on autotrader.com and these trucks still go for around $5000.00+ with the v8 engines with many more miles than this truck has. Granted this has the v6 in it so may not be as desirable to all, but to me its going to be good on gas(or at least better than a v8).

Here is a picture of it.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00578.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	14545  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Good deal, if you can get past the ugly..............................BTW, I think all of the later model trucks are uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............
Old 08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Hey if the price is right and it works good it is not ugly,,

Sam
Old 09-01-2006, 10:50 PM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You got a heck of a deal on that truck. I bought a new 2004 heritage just like it 2 years ago, only red(see photo album). Those 4.2L's have more power than you think, especially with the 5sp. Just remember it's a rev happy V6, not a stump puller. I've pulled about 4500lbs of car/dolly behind mine and still gotten 18mpg.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 steve
I have been looking for a truck for a while now. I had a good lead from my neighbor on a F250 Super Duty a while back, but that fell through.

On Tuesday one of my good customers came in for brake repair on his truck and I checked it all out and he needed front brakes with rotors and calipers, the whole works in the front. He made the comment about the truck being only worth about $2000.00 so I told him I would give him 2k for it. He said let me think about it. He had me replace the front brakes and all, then the next day he came in and said sure I will sell it to you.

I have maintained this truck since 2002 and its in very good shape, mechanically and body wise. Its a 1998 F150 with a v6 and a manual trans, with 73,000 miles on it, and a long bed, with air conditioning. I looked on autotrader.com and these trucks still go for around $5000.00+ with the v8 engines with many more miles than this truck has. Granted this has the v6 in it so may not be as desirable to all, but to me its going to be good on gas(or at least better than a v8).

Here is a picture of it.

Steve
Are you aware of these trucks having an issue with the intake leaking coolant into the cylinder? There was either a recall or a TSB. I would check, or a hydrolocked V6 may be in your future.
Hell of a deal for 2k
Old 09-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
Are you aware of these trucks having an issue with the intake leaking coolant into the cylinder? There was either a recall or a TSB. I would check, or a hydrolocked V6 may be in your future.
Hell of a deal for 2k
Best part is I did a labor trade on this deal with my customer, it only cost me $1600.00 out of pocket. Plus that same day I called a guy that has wanted my old 88 Chevy 2500 truck. He gave me $1200.00 for it. So this newer Ford only cost me $400.00 so far. Since it is such a nice truck I think I will drive it for a daily drive and sell my Explorer (very beat up explorer) the same guy that bought my 88 Chevy said he knows somebody that will give me $1000.00 for it. That would be great then I could make money on this deal

And yes I do know about the intake leak and head gasket leaks, I will look into this very soon. Like I said I have been maintaining this truck for the last four years so I know its in very good shape.

Steve

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.