Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - my newborn crapped his die-dees: l.e.d lights all blew up
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 08:33 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post my newborn crapped his die-dees: l.e.d lights all blew up

if your read about my new firing of my truck you noticed i blew 2-3 fuses. well say good bye to $130 worth of new led tail/stop & marker lights, as well as the conventional bulbs in the front. i believe this all happened before i put my air cleaner on and shorted the hell out of everything because all my lights quit working before that. i got major problems with my wiring. my painless fuse box protected my lights w/15A and 10A fuses. they are still good. the parts cat. for TruckLite lights rates these led's at .030Amps per led(each lite had 6 leds. thats 30 milliamps. they should have an inline fuse at the smallest i can find. like 1A. so much for the "painless" part of this project. i have replaced my license light's bulb and will start the motor again and see what happens. lots cheaper. as you culd imagine, valley freightliner doesn't replace blown electrical parts. now get this: TruckLite's tech dept told me (after i told them i had a big short) that they would tell the dealer to replace all my lights for me!!! provided that i put inline fuses on my wires at whatever the operating combined current is. Anybody know of some common mistakes wiring vehicles that could cause my conventional bulbs to blow up to the point of the glass shell breaking? my ignition was unaffected i have a ballast resistor in front of my mallory uni-lite module and it lived!! **** i followed all the directions. jeeezus!! i cant believe i make my living as an electrician, maybe that's why I'm almost $30K in debt. :o