My one and ONLY NASCAR Rant ! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My one and ONLY NASCAR Rant !

Even tho, I am NOT a huge NASCAR fan, I was watching the opening Ceremonies of the Koblat 500 and I noticed that during the singing of the National Anthem only one or two of the Drivers and their Wives/GF had their hands over their heart. As the camera spanned the field of drivers, I realized that some of the drivers are not U.S.Citizens but a lot of them are and to me that shows a major disrespect for their Country and even NASCAR itself :!:

I saw a little of this in a couple of the Gold Medal Ceremonies at Vancouver. Maybe I'm too old-fashioned but it kinda bothers me ! If it wasn't for the U.S.A., some of those people would be greeting WalMart customers or pushing burgers and fries !

Just a non-fan's opinion so I'll s'hup now !

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

As long as they stand at some sort of attention and face the flag, not a problem for me. It's when they are BS'ing or sucking on their soda or fooling with their kids/wife is when it bothers me. Most of them are pretty good. It's when they pan the stands and show the idiots that are too busy drinking their beer, taking pictures or just being obnoxious plus the fact that the announcer has to tell the fans to remove their hats - that's what really bothers me. Even the NSRA car shows, often people don't stop and face the flag, don't shut up and leave their hats on. I'm of another generation and it was 'whupped' into me at school, church and in Uncle Sam's military as well as home. America just ain't what it used to be - and if truth be told, we need another war to bring us back together.

Dave W
Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 AM

Last photo:

Dave I agree 100%.

WR:
This was not a normal race, there was a 1000 seat giveaway and all 1000 were from Atlanta with Dale JR shirts on, first they are not nascar fans and second they are not Dale Jr fans, I think the whole thing was meant as a slap to NASCAR.

Three of these turds were four rows down from me setting on their A** and I lost it, yelled for them to stand up or I was coming down to lay them out along with a bunch of personal name insults and cuss words but at that point I wanted to fight, it did draw a lot of claps and cheers and they stood up, so maybe they did not know the rules or never had a daddy to teach them.

This will be my last one.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Way to go BK - - - I'm probably getting to paranoid in my old age but I still respect this Country, I pull over for ALL Funeral Processions, I tip my hat to ALL ladies, I shake everyone's hand that I am introduced to and I bow my head and close my eyes during Prayer.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
Dave I agree 100%.

WR:
This was not a normal race, there was a 1000 seat giveaway and all 1000 were from Atlanta with Dale JR shirts on, first they are not nascar fans and second they are not Dale Jr fans, I think the whole thing was meant as a slap to NASCAR.

Three of these turds were four rows down from me setting on their A** and I lost it, yelled for them to stand up or I was coming down to lay them out along with a bunch of personal name insults and cuss words but at that point I wanted to fight, it did draw a lot of claps and cheers and they stood up, so maybe they did not know the rules or never had a daddy to teach them.

This will be my last one.
THAT WAS YOU????
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

...and people wonder why I no longer watch Nascar or will never attend a race.

Last dirt track race I went to I brought all my kids and almost left because of all the swearing, drunks yelling and drink spilling, never mind the three fights that broke out in the stands and parking lot. Never really noticed it before since I was single the last time I went and probably thought it was entertainment, not a family environment thats for sure.

Next time I want to teach my kids how to handle drunks I will just take them to a North End bar at closing time and let them watch...lots cheaper.

Funny how having kids just takes all the entertainment value out of the whole drunk in public thing, oh well maybe when they get older we will go again...maybe bring the airsoft guns to add to the entertainment.

Now that would be fun!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:32 AM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=4 Jaw Chuck]...and people wonder why I no longer watch Nascar or will never attend a race.

Last dirt track race I went to I brought all my kids and almost left because of all the swearing, drunks yelling and drink spilling, never mind the three fights that broke out in the stands and parking lot. Never really noticed it before since I was single the last time I went and probably thought it was entertainment, not a family environment thats for sure.

Next time I want to teach my kids how to handle drunks I will just take them to a North End bar at closing time and let them watch...lots cheaper.

Funny how having kids just takes all the entertainment value out of the whole drunk in public thing, oh well maybe when they get older we will go again...maybe bring the airsoft guns to add to the entertainment.

Now that would be fun! [/QUOTE------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like to me from someone that has never been to one, it would sound the same if I commented on a soccer game, never been , never watch and could care less and don't have a clue.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Ok Barry, continue yelling at fans in the stands.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

The national anthem is the national anthem, standing up is required and I will tell people this in a heartbeat.If the drinking and cussing at the local track is to much I can always move the kids to another spot.but disrespecting this , country wont be tolerated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.