My post! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Rob Keller's Avatar
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!
 
Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central Florida U.S.A.
Age: 48
Posts: 4,297
Wiki Edits: 38

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs down My post!

Seeing that Tangos' Passion had got the best of him I never got the chance to say a few words on my thread Why I love the small block Chevy. . . .



Well , all this was a involuntary reaction in the we hours of the morning

I am NOT a morning person I don't think it is fair that morning is twice as long as the rest of the "times"

It is not about ing centerline or any one else
My 1st truck was a 70 BURB with a 250 CID 1 bbl. same Drive train went into my 2nd truck 70 GMC BURB.

My 1st V~8 is a 460 4bbl {still got it}250,000 miles on it my self

Quote:
I don't get it, I just don't. To me the collecting pieces, the planning, the "building of something that didn't exist yesterday" is what gets my blood cooking and me excited. If I wanted it "easy", I would glue some custom side moldings on our minivan.
The White truck in the photo I built By the seat of my pants .
Got less than $2,000. cash into it.
Got 3 + months of blood sweat & gears taking it from a Moldy green heap to safe road worthy Truck all by my self & its all I have to drive Its not just a hobby here its a necessity Hoping I can put it to work for me.

I don't have $50,000. to just go by a piece of transportation that get 15 mpg when mine gets 11.

Not trying to run the fastest 1/4 mile trying to make it run for 20 more years without having to do a major repair these old dogs can do it that is why they stopped making them In My Humble Opinion..


This was not intended to Irk any one But as many times I have seen that other thread I had to stand up for my Friend

The Small Block Chevy

the Poor man's Cadillac






R



Without naming naming names or pointing a finger @ anyone I think it is quits sad that a thread that can Spout "hate for" for a year & a half can live forever but as soon as you say you like something some jerk wads got to get their testosterone bent out of shape & get it dumped

How IRONIC that the same individual who spouts the hate thread also killed the I love Chevy Small block thread..


NOT FAIR.

It was going just fine untill some one said my HEMI is better than your crap


Great job Tango one Month 204 posts & a 180 day suspension that must be a all time record here @ HOTRODDERS.com

If he is suspended then why can't I have a civil conversation?

What did I do wrong ?



Why do I get penalized?



Go ahead I can handle the truth.



Just Bring it


"Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run, these are the only people who count." [Robert Heinlein]








Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canthearyou.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	25341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hillary Clinton.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	25343   Click image for larger version

Name:	care factory.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	25344   Click image for larger version

Name:	METH_INTRO.gif
Views:	29
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	25345  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disappointed-bongo.jpg (48.0 KB, 18 views)

    Advertisement
__________________
"SlowRide66"

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
bonuts's Avatar
Got Ouzo for touzo
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: C-eh N-eh D-eh
Age: 32
Posts: 416
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was glad to finally see a pro SBC thread instead of the ever boring down with the SBC threads that happen all the time.


bonuts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,132
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,304
Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,013 Posts
Any conversation that is based on emotions rather than logic are giong to end up bad. Religion, Politics, and now added to the list....favorite cars.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
crazy larry's Avatar
Member
 

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: East Texas
Age: 43
Posts: 2,298
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i think roller rockers are way over rated. flat tappet is the only way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 10
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Like Roller Rockers . On My Favorite Engine The Small Block Chevy .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:21 AM
schnitz's Avatar
Member
 
Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, in a house...
Age: 40
Posts: 1,163
Wiki Edits: 54

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
It wasn't Tango's "Passion" that got him in trouble, and we all know that. It was his seemingly endless "I'm better than you" bottomless ego that did it. And I'd be willing to bet $100 he'll try signing in under another name to start the same crap all over again. Bonus vintage pictures and all. I won't claim to be a knowledgeable and supreme sharer of knowledge by any means (which is one reason I check in often--just to see if I can offer any semblance of help), but his endless line of crap had me ready to leave. I hate that your thread got locked, but I also thank Centerline for doing it. Maybe now we can be left to discuss it's topic in a more rational way without all the name calling Bullspit. We can do this with a sense of rationality.



In a while, Chet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:28 AM
poncho62's Avatar
Out of the Loop Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hanover, Ontario, Canada
Age: 62
Posts: 16,883
Wiki Edits: 5

Thanks: 20
Thanked 254 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitz
And I'd be willing to bet $100 he'll try signing in under another name to start the same crap all over again.



In a while, Chet.
See post above yours................................
__________________
Ontario Rodders

Budget RVs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 AM
schnitz's Avatar
Member
 
Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, in a house...
Age: 40
Posts: 1,163
Wiki Edits: 54

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Terriffic. So who's turn is it to scrub the crapper this time? I didn't even get any takers on the bet...Sorry Rob, I can see the porcelain of the toilet at the end of this thread too.


In a while, Chet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 10
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That tango guy help a Friend of mine with a 327 Chevy . He was the real deal hope he comes back soon .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:08 AM
schnitz's Avatar
Member
 
Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, in a house...
Age: 40
Posts: 1,163
Wiki Edits: 54

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY ONE
That tango guy help a Friend of mine with a 327 Chevy . He was the real deal hope he comes back soon .
Right, and trolls love the smell of Sani-Flush. So where's the pics, TANGO??


In a while, Chet.


I'll flush twice, it's a long way to Illinois.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
poncho62's Avatar
Out of the Loop Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hanover, Ontario, Canada
Age: 62
Posts: 16,883
Wiki Edits: 5

Thanks: 20
Thanked 254 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY ONE
That tango guy help a Friend of mine with a 327 Chevy . He was the real deal hope he comes back soon .
You two must be real close friends........share everything.......even an IP address...................
__________________
Ontario Rodders

Budget RVs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered User
 
Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,267
Wiki Edits: 49

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY ONE
That tango guy help a Friend of mine with a 327 Chevy . He was the real deal hope he comes back soon .
Well Tango,

Registering under two user names is a serious offense and the mods and Jon are now discussing a permanent ban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,132
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,304
Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,013 Posts
Like I told Tango, he kept saying how the chevy was the "fastest" and it just isn't true. But after chatting a little with me it seemed that he got that point.

Look, this is one thing that cracks me up about the argument. YES, there are zillions of pieces of speed equipment and yes out on the tracks Chevy by far the favorite. I know next to nothing about what happens weekend after weekend on the dirt and pavment tracks around the country, I don't claim to. Went to a number of races over the years but have never been in the thick of it. However, I can assume that when pushing motors to the limits week after week a lot of them fail, at least a heck of a lot more than on the road. This being true, cheap parts are damn important. To build a competitive motor you have to spend some serious bucks, Chevy or not. But of course, building a competitive brand X motor is going to cost more, sometimes a LOT more.

But this is where I have to question the "Chevy is fastest" thought. Out at your local circle track there are what, thirty, forty cars? Well, as mentioned in the last thread there are only a few brand X motors. So, you have forty cars racing week after week and two brand X, the ODDs are HUGE in favor of a Chevy winning. If there were 38 Brand X motors and only two Chevys on the track, the ODDs would be in favor of the Brand X motors! You can't tell me that the two Chevys would win week after week! Even if they are a "better" motor and produce more power, just by the odds of a zillion factors that will put the car where it ends up at the end of the race.

The "Chevy is the best" is largely fueled by people who TRUELY believe with passion that it is. Heck, the VW beetle motor is probably the most popular motor on earth, it is not because it is "better" it is because it is there is a cycle that has spun for years and years with cheap parts beget demand beget cheaper parts beget higher performance parts beget more uses for the motor from snow blowers to air planes. It is not the "best" because of design, it is "best" because it has been TOLD it is the best by a legion of followers.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
powerrodsmike's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: gilroy, california
Age: 53
Posts: 4,108
Wiki Edits: 161

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I want to make a V-8 out of 4 shovelhead Harley motors....That'd be a superior motor to ALL.
HA!
I say, WHO cares. Build a Chevy, a Ford or a doggy Dodge ..

It's all in what you know and like.

I used feel obligated to display that marque loyalty ...until I got a bit more mature. Now I have had several Chevys with smallblocks, more than a few Fords, and even a few Dodges. I liked my Honda and my Acura also.

I like them all. If they ran good, there was no clear advantage to one over the other.

BTW, Rob, if it has a roof over where the bed should be....it's an SUV!!


Hahahahaha..(that'll wake him up).

later,
Mikey
__________________
my signature lines...not really directed at anyone in particular..

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered User
 
Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,267
Wiki Edits: 49

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
Seeing that Tangos' Passion had got the best of him I never got the chance to say a few words on my thread Why I love the small block Chevy. . . .

Well , all this was a involuntary reaction in the we hours of the morning

I am NOT a morning person I don't think it is fair that morning is twice as long as the rest of the "times"

It is not about ing centerline or any one else
My 1st truck was a 70 BURB with a 250 CID 1 bbl. same Drive train went into my 2nd truck 70 GMC BURB.

My 1st V~8 is a 460 4bbl {still got it}250,000 miles on it my self

The White truck in the photo I built By the seat of my pants .
Got less than $2,000. cash into it.
Got 3 + months of blood sweat & gears taking it from a Moldy green heap to safe road worthy Truck all by my self & its all I have to drive Its not just a hobby here its a necessity Hoping I can put it to work for me.

I don't have $50,000. to just go by a piece of transportation that get 15 mpg when mine gets 11.

Not trying to run the fastest 1/4 mile trying to make it run for 20 more years without having to do a major repair these old dogs can do it that is why they stopped making them In My Humble Opinion..

This was not intended to Irk any one But as many times I have seen that other thread I had to stand up for my Friend

The Small Block Chevy

the Poor man's Cadillac

R

Without naming naming names or pointing a finger @ anyone I think it is quits sad that a thread that can Spout "hate for" for a year & a half can live forever but as soon as you say you like something some jerk wads got to get their testosterone bent out of shape & get it dumped

How IRONIC that the same individual who spouts the hate thread also killed the I love Chevy Small block thread..

NOT FAIR.

It was going just fine untill some one said my HEMI is better than your crap

Great job Tango one Month 204 posts & a 180 day suspension that must be a all time record here @ HOTRODDERS.com

If he is suspended then why can't I have a civil conversation?

What did I do wrong ?

Why do I get penalized?

Go ahead I can handle the truth.

Just Bring it

"Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run, these are the only people who count." [Robert Heinlein]

Rob,

FYI I didn't dump your thread I simply locked it. All the information is still available for people to read, they just can't ad to the argument.

I understand your frustration, and yes locking it might have been a bit unfair. So tell you what I'll do. I'm going to unlock your thread after I remove all the posts that are BS or my stuff is better than yours. However, I'm going to watch it closely and if people start posting garbage again I'll edit their posts or just send the entire thread to the dump.
If you notice (if you bothered to read my essay in the first place) it never said I hate the SBC because its a bad engine or isn't the best, it said I hate the fact that people are using it way too much in street rods. I've owned and built several SBC over the years and it is a GREAT little motor IN CHEVROLETS, but in my personal opinion people stick it in street rods for one simple reason, its easy and as far as I'm concerned that's not a good reason. I know some people (ie: SBC fans) disagree but so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.