My Ramblers low fuel warning. - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

All this Rambler talk and or bashing reminds me of a friend of mine in high school. His dad bought him a Rambler classic, 1966 I think. It was slow. My buddy was embarrassed about his car (I don't know why, we'd all pile in it and have a blast) and had a twisted sense of humor when it came to the Rambler. One day he decided to drive on the left hand side of the road...I asked him why he was doing that...he told me he was trying to save tax payers money on road repairs. He said everybody drives on the right hand side...no wonder the roads wear out. Another time, this good friend of mine was driving down one of the streets in our little community and started hugging the curb on the right side of the street to the point where his sidewalls where smoking...again I asked what he was doing, he told me that the tires where almost worn out and he wanted to get his moneys worth and use up all of the tire before he put knew ones on.

Rambler's are known for the fold down front seat. My old friend decided one day to fold the seat down, lay down in the seat with his feet on the peddles and his arms outstretched as much as possible so he could steer. All the windows of this two door hardtop where rolled down, my job was to calmly sit in the drivers seat and tell him when to stop, turn and accelerate so it looked like nobody was driving. I now fully realize how dangerous it was but back then, him and I where invincible, just like every other kid our age and the looks we got WOW, I don't know what was more dangerous, us driving like that or the people that would take their eyes off the road and stare.

We sure did have a great time in that Rambler. Just to give everybody more of a scare, he's now an architect...designing buildings that can withstand harsh earthquakes...LOL.

Ray

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

those stories remind of me of my friend's car that we used to all pile into. The funniest story on that car was when he got his stereo installed. He was all excited til he rubbed his arm on the arm rest and the sound was transmitted thru the speakers. For some reason the speaker on the driver's side was then a microphone of sorts. We were cracking up and he looked pissed.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Way back when (I was a teenager) a buddy (Danny) had an old Morris Minor 1000 ragtop that we had SO much fun in. It wouldn't run worth a bleep, smoked furiously when it did run and was slow as molasses. Having English (Lucas) electrics meant that starting it was always "interesting"

One night we pulled into a burger joint - a drive inn. He didn't dare shut it off, but everyone was complaining about our smoky exhaust. Rest manager came over to ask him to shut it off,a and my buddy explained that if it stopped, we would likely never it going again! Manager asked us to leave as we were smoking out the joint. Danny backed out of our parking spot and promptly stalled it. Everyone was cracking up laughing at us. Danny stayed behind the wheel while the other 3 of us bailed and began pushing. Astoundingly it fired right up and we all dived headfirst into it as Danny drove out of the lot. We got a standing ovation as we left. It doesn't have to be a zillion horsepower, tire-smoking, radical ride to have fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave57210 For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (03-24-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,280 Times in 1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
Way back when (I was a teenager) a buddy (Danny) had an old Morris Minor 1000 ragtop that we had SO much fun in. It wouldn't run worth a bleep, smoked furiously when it did run and was slow as molasses. Having English (Lucas) electrics meant that starting it was always "interesting"

One night we pulled into a burger joint - a drive inn. He didn't dare shut it off, but everyone was complaining about our smoky exhaust. Rest manager came over to ask him to shut it off,a and my buddy explained that if it stopped, we would likely never it going again! Manager asked us to leave as we were smoking out the joint. Danny backed out of our parking spot and promptly stalled it. Everyone was cracking up laughing at us. Danny stayed behind the wheel while the other 3 of us bailed and began pushing. Astoundingly it fired right up and we all dived headfirst into it as Danny drove out of the lot. We got a standing ovation as we left. It doesn't have to be a zillion horsepower, tire-smoking, radical ride to have fun!
LOL. Dave, My first car was a 1949 Morris Minor with a Ford V8-60 hp in it. It was still slow. It did sound good though.

People have more fun than anybody.

John
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

I had a freind who had a 67 rambler rouge ,his favorite saying ,you always want a car that will get you there,, I want one that gets you Back.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

By the way ,that was not alwaws the case with my overcamed dual quad 4 speed gas guzzlers ,, but they were FUN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.