Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My SPARK PLUGS keep burning out on me after a quick drive.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Fixed the spark plug problem

It was the fuel pressure. There was so much pressure that the gas was leaking into the intake after the car was off. Plugs were fine after about 2hrs of sitting. Car started right up fine after I fixed the pressure problem.

Also about the heads GenII on GENI, it can be done. The setup that I have is a 4-bolt 350 out of a 77 chevy truck, converted to a newer roller style sbc. I welded certain water ports closed and redrilled them to the proper size for the GENI gasket style. If you do not do this, then water will drop directly into the lifter alley. I have 1.6 rockers for the LT1 heads and higher poundage springs. The heads are ported all the way. and gasket matched. Gasket is regular felpro standard size. I have a holley contender intake, and 10:1 Hyp-pistons. I got very good results! I got great torque! I punched the gas last week on Tuesday and CRACKED my tranny housing LOL.

If you guys are interested I can give you more details on the build.

Also for the 1985 Chevy 350, Honing is a very fast procedure and is very very easy, and not to mention ALOT CHEAPER then machine shop.

Details on my build:

Heads $40 from craigslist
Porting did myself
Intake $30 craigslist
Rockers new $60 craigslist
Valve covers $10 junk yard
Pistons and piston rings new and gasket kit for 350 sbc $156.23 ebay
Carburetur $100 from craigslist
Honing tool and piston compressor tool ~ $23
Cam ZZ4 $50 craigslist
Roller lifters and push rods about $65 ebay

Total around $550 machine shop over $2.2K - $3k because of custom welding and misc bull! LMAO!