Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - my steering wheel fabrication
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the good comments everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I really worry about the structural design, looks prone to failure by collapse or twisting especially. But with that aside, what a great how to video on putting something like that together, very well thought out process.

Brian
Before chroming it i threw it on the pavement a couple of times. i thought it was gonna crack or come apart, I checked & it looked good. After I installed it I hit with my palms pretty hard. I know its not an osha approoved test but its been strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10xGN View Post
Azlo,

Have you been in Dallas long? I'm thinking you better be packing gloves between April and November or that chain rim will absolutely fry your fingers!

Russ
LOL, Yep your right I already felt it. but I bought a cover to go over it when its hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbob2 View Post
Did you make that wheel,just to show you could?or are you actually going to drive using it? believe me,that will be the most UNCOMFORTABLE wheel,you have ever used,i drove my buddies car,what a chain wheel like that,it was terrible....
First it was just to see if I could. Then I installed it on the old van. Been driving for 3 months. I have to say that I love it but It may be because I built it and the sense of self acomplishment. But I am getting a bit tired of the attention at the drive through. Sometimes at the gas station, the same question. "where u buy that steering?"

Im Ok with it, I learned a lot though. Thanks again for the good comments.