Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My storage idea for heat lamps, maybe something you could use?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Good idea Brian. I have 2 of the same lamps that you have, I don't use them as much as I used to but they can take up a lot of space with their 4 pronged base plate. What I did was take a tire and rim with the tire still inflated on the rim complete with brake drum axle and wheel bearing still attached. Then I opened up the rectangular tubing that holds the heat lamp and slid it over the axle. Now when I need to move the lamp I simply grab the top of the stand, pull the whole unit to a 45 degree angle and wheel it to where I want it. The weight of the tire rim and brake drum hold the lamp in place while I'm curing whatever material needs to be cured and moving it out of the way is much easier. The tire and rim take up less room than the original base and now when I'm walking by I have less chance of tripping over it. It doesn't save as much space as what you did, I like the idea of having the lamps up and out of the way, I still manage to bang into those lamp heads...my next new thing to do for the organize the shop projects.

Thanks Brian

Ray