My wife has to stop... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My wife has to stop...

My wife has to stop... watching, "American Chopper," with me. Was a great weekend weather wise and I was out working on the old 38, of course. She normally works in her flower beds while I hack away on my project. Once in awhile she'll bug me about moving some rocks or mulch or whatever. .. I don't mind.
I was getting a lot of stripping and grinding of metal done on the old 38 when she comes out and picks up my DA sander and starts to smooth out the metal I stripped. Now this little woman has never worked on a car in her life. Or picked up an air tool. I was most impressd. After about 20 minutes or so later I was applying some stripper and letting it do it's job so I stopped to think about what else to work on in the mean time.
The next thing you know I hear, "C'MON LET'S JUST DON'T STAND AROUND. LET'S GET SOME WORK DONE. WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY," she said with a big grin on her face.
I was glad to hear she wasn't going to plant those size 12's in my butt cause she'd have to use both those little size 6's. The woman has got to stop watching all those shows with me. Maybe I should take her out for dinner. She needs to get away more.
Seriously (that did happen) I did get more done this weekend than I expected too. I got all 4 fenders stripped, finished bolting in tranny mount, and started sanding on the firewall. Took off wipers and the little air vent and all the rest of the chrome to start stripping the body this week. It felt good. Still tons to do but the excitement is mounting again. By the end of May I still expect some paint on her and to hear that engine snarl into life. Yeehaaaaaaa!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

All my "better half" says about American Chopper is.....

"Why do those idiots argue so much?"
Old 04-18-2004, 06:12 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

nothing like the better half getting on your case about getting the old rust bucket on the road....
maybe not in the teutel sense......

i haven't figured out if its so i will,........

a) quit spending so much money.
b) spend more time with her.
c) take her for a ride.
or maybe all the above, but i think it's most likely the money thing.....

my ol lady says jr. needs to get off his **** and get to work. then the old man won't raise so much hell....
Old 04-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
nothing like the better half getting on your case about getting the old rust bucket on the road....
maybe not in the teutel sense......

i haven't figured out if its so i will,........

a) quit spending so much money.
b) spend more time with her.
c) take her for a ride.
or maybe all the above, but i think it's most likely the money thing.....

my ol lady says jr. needs to get off his **** and get to work. then the old man won't raise so much hell....

I like option "C"

Except, I would add....Don't bring her back............lol
Old 04-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Dodge ain't all bad

Last photo:

Way to go 38 Special, your lucky to have such a good woman they are hard to come by. Mine is so understanding that she went on ebay and found me my 30 desoto, bid on it and won without telling me she was doing it, when I got home that night she told me to take the next day off and drive to Auburn WA, to get my car, it was great, she's worth keeping even if she is and 'ol squaw, now she comes out to check on me during NASCAR commercials, and tells me what I should do , lots of do overs, she's my good idea person Glad your beast is coming along so good, I mounted my bucket seats and brake pedal assembly this weekend and put the doors on so I can install my new door latches.
NOTE: in another Post my picture showd I have been scalped by the 'ol squaw and yes she read this Post.
Maybe some day we can get these cars on the road
30 dee
Old 04-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Evil as I wanna Be

Last journal entry: First time out in 8 months!
Last photo:

Your wife sounds awesome, 38! I love American Chopper. My husband does sorta remind me of Paul Jr though, and he makes me feel as though I need to jump his case like Paul Sr, LOL. He sorta slacks........he works at his own pace. He's VERY disorganized as well. Me, on the other hand, I'm all about "get done as much as you can in one day". And I *love* knowing right where everything is.........since it's my jobby job to sort through his mess of sockets. It drives me insane when he rattles off something like:

"Hey.......go into the toolbox, and find me a short 15mm....I know it's in there somewhere, probably on the top shelf, but it may be in the second or third drawer too. But I KNOW it's in there somewhere"

Disorganization is NOT cool.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:42 AM

Last photo:

Carbed95GT, Do you have single sister? I'm willing to relocate.

Larry
Old 04-19-2004, 10:52 AM

Last photo:

My girlfriend lost interest in our Mustang for a while beause I kicked a barstool at her with a beer bottle on top of it once. (Her Side of the Story)

One time when I was under the car trying to install my transmission, I needed to get some leverage to push it forward on the dowels while my body was twisted to the side. In a crappy attempt to brace my foot on the rear wheel to push forward, I ACCIDENTALLY kicked the nearby barstool over and yelled at the fact that I now had a broken bottle on the floor and was getting a Bud Light pool creeping up on me. (My Side of the Story)

After finally listening to what I had to say, she said she'd give it another chance to help out.

MoocH
Old 04-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last photo:

30 DeSoto, your way out there, but you never know. I've never been to the west coast. Could happen someday. Carbed, I'm kinda semi organized. I know what pile my stuff is in and I can find it right away. Just no one else can. That's o.k. cause my first priority is working on the car. I'll clean up my mess when it's done. At work however I have my tools lined up in order so all I have to do is grab what I need and go. My wife is a nice lady. Good for me anyway. I tend to be a bit of a rascal with her and tease her every now and then just to keep her on her toes. What's a husband for if he can't bug the wife and kids. It's in my contract... honest.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Dodge ain't all bad

Last photo:

38 special
If you ain't never been out here your missing alot, nothing wrong with them middle state but they just ain't the same. Got lots of indians, cowboys, and rain. keep running her cool
30 dee
Old 04-19-2004, 08:53 PM

model a

we were going down the hiway today and there was a model a with huge tires out back no rear fenders a big block ford and no hood and as we pulled up beside it the fiance said hey thats a model A the only other time she saw one is my one buddy has one all original with a four cyl. shes a keeper now if she can just get the right yr when looking at 59-60 chevys
Jesse
Old 04-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Dodge ain't all bad

Last photo:

60 convert
way to go you do have a keeper
Preety soon she will be tell us what is going on, I like that cause us old guys just think we know it all
30dee
Old 04-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last photo:

Us old guys think we know it all. (quote)

30 Dee, that's cause we've been there and done that. Now we're looking for something new and exciting.

Convert I got to ride in an original (but refreshed) 30 Ford 4 door last night. The wife and I we're taking our evening walk (it's the only chance we get to talk and be alone without the kids). And a guy from our church who's daughter I went to school with was out cruising in it and my wife asked if we could have a ride. It was a blast. Not much horsepower (40 hp) but lots of torque. It felt very pieceful cruising around the 3 mile block at about 40-45 mph. The guy said it's the same year car he dated his wife in. He also bought a 29 Chevy and would bring it out sometime for us to rid in it. He's retired and just enjoying the cars he use to have as a kid. Was a fun evening.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:34 PM
American Madd Man

Last photo:

My wife is 700 miles away. Shecan say what ever she wants. I turned off the speaker phone we3eks ago!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.