Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mysterious Orange/Golden Yellow Paint Color
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyd
I've seen that Mystic paint on a few cars in person. It reminds me of oil and water thats settled in a pool on asphault. Looks cool, but don't think it's the same as that orange paint. And if it's used on Fords, it's not going on my Chevy hehe

I found another thread in this forum that talked about John Deere Blitz Black. I spent about an hour going through it. That's the color I originally wanted, but had no idea what it was called. Now that I found it, I've discovered the EPA has banned it in California

If I could find out what color that blue is I would go with that stuff. Looks simple and not too expensive.
First, "Mystic" isn't a "Ford" color. It uses a technology that is used in a number of different paint lines including "Chromalusion" "Kamilian" "Multitone" and so forth. So if you like it, it has nothing to do with Ford other than they were the first to use it in a production car. It is a simple BC/CC application and MUCH easier to apply than a three stage candy or pearl.

"Blitz black" may be non compliant in California ONLY because it is a cheap enamel paint. The COLOR "Semi gloss black" or "Flat Black" is NOT banned and you can apply it a number of different ways. Basically a bc/cc but with a "Matte" clear that has no or little gloss.

But I have to say switching from "Blitz black" to that orange is like changing your mind from an Aerostar mini van to a Viper.

Brian