Hot Rod Forum banner

mysterious re-occuring vibration part 2

942 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  71gtx 
#1 · (Edited)
i spoze if i had time i could link you to a 10 TEN page post i think started by doc68 trying to find a vibration that is like every second at certain rpms regardless of what gear he was in. i got the same problem. the thread was closed by moderators cause it reached ten pages. causes mentioned by the board were flywheel, t converter, driveline angle, driveline, rear trans bushings and u joints. i have the same problem. and he never got it fixed or figured out. ITS HERE: http://www.hotrodders.com/t47958.html
last night a trans guy says it's not my trans. i didnt have this vibe till i put in a th400 in place of my th350 tho. he said unbolt the converter and rotate it to the next hole then the next and see if it goes away. i have already changed both u joints. the driveline guy says it wouldnt be the driveline so... guess i'll try it. the motor guy says my motor has a strange vibration as well. the tranny guy also says to unbolt the converter, push it back, and see if the engine's vibration goes away. i guess i am going to try that.
another friend mr goodwrench says i could try and chase this vibe down for ever and not find it. anybody think this torq converter rotation might fix anything? this is free at least, i am gonna try it and then take the driveline in anyway. there is no slop in my trans bearing, everything is tight there. bye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.