Hot Rod Forum banner

Mystery Aluminum Heads

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BuzzLOL 
#1 ·
A friend of mine got these at a swapmeet a couple years ago, and he can't remember the details that the seller told him. All I'm sure about the heads are that they're 64cc chambers, 2.02 big intake valves, a bunch of numbers that don't make sense stamped on the side and they're pretty ****ing light.

I don't even have runner volume numbers on them, but all I can say is I switched to these from double hump heads before dropping my engine and it was like night and day.

Any info would be greatly appreciated before I put my engine back together.

See less See more
#2 ·
Pro-Comp casting, the "3003" cast in gives it away. Sold by a lot of venders under many different regional vendor names, like Stryker, Short Turn, EnginePro, etc. I can't read the beginning of the pin stamped numbers, but all Pro-Comp castings are pin stamped just like that.

If I remember correctly, 3003's were 210cc intake runner volume, much bigger than 167-170 cc double humps.

Chamber shape is also a giveaway, the straight section from the spark plug to the curve around the exhaust valve side of the chamber. Patriot Freedom series were different in this area.

#7 ·
The 210's also have an upside down ramp on the roof of the port, right there within the first 1" in from the manifold face that really hurts flow...almost like it was put there to avoid having Dart or Edelbrock or someone accusing them of just copying their 215cc port. About 1/8" tall and 1" deep. Easy to straighten out and raise this portion to match the rest of port that is in past it using a carbide burr for aluminum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.