Nairb's Movie Capsule: Farenheit 911 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nairb's Movie Capsule: Farenheit 911

Well, for all of you out there thinking about watching it, and even if you are a right winger, you will leave the theater finding yourself more cynical of your leadership in Washington.

The movie begins with a prelude of the previous election, and it is obviously a good piece of propaganda BUT, it brings up some eyebrow raising issues concerning the Bush family and their direct financial ties to the Saudis and in particular, the Bin Laden family.

I highly recommend watching it, regardless of your political views. I guarantee that if you do buy a ticket, you will leave the theater pissed at our leaders and what's going on in the middle east.

A++++ grade and a very powerful film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

What else is new?

The leaders of our country and yours are generally in it for themselves, no matter what party they belong to.....Guess what I am trying to say is..........."They are ALL crooks"
Old 07-05-2004, 07:35 PM

Last photo:

they won't be making a dime off me.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Old news.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by poncho62
What else is new?

The leaders of our country and yours are generally in it for themselves, no matter what party they belong to.....Guess what I am trying to say is..........."They are ALL crooks"
Hey man, at least your country gives you all free health care among many other things.

What do I get from my country? Jack and *****
Old 07-05-2004, 08:06 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 87442lover
Hey man, at least your country gives you all free health care among many other things.

What do I get from my country? Jack and *****
[color=gold]someone from canada, tell us again, what is your income tax rate?[/color]
Poncho is right.[size=+3][color=red]THEY'RE ALL CROOKS!!![/color][/size]
Old 07-05-2004, 08:10 PM

Last journal entry: Slow progress

Well Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
Old news.
Thanks for the link (I hadn't seen that thread before) but the fat lady ain't sung yet.
Quote:
Originally posted by akm
they won't be making a dime off me.
And if you don't want to pay:
Michael Moore has publically approved downloading the bootlegs of the movie from the internet.
Quote:
"Thousands of copies of Fahrenheit 9/11 have already been downloaded, each taking about 3.5 hours over a broadband connection.
I'm a liberal redneck hippie and I pretty much agree with willys36, crazy larry, and poncho.

None of 'em are even "honest polititions". (An honest politition: one who stays bought)

P.S.
Note, there may be some politics in the room.

Last edited by meanroy; 07-05-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:11 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

NAIRB I just go home from seeing it, and was planning on starting a thread just like this one. I walked out of the theater amazed at what the general public is not aware of. I can see where this thread is already going so if you didn't see it then don't ruin this thread by posting.

***Note*** every piece of information in the movie that is not Michael Moore's opinion is fact the entire film has been gone over by three groups of lawyers, The New Yorker, and several others. Nothing has been found to be false.

This was the only movie that I have ever been to where an applause was given by the audience at the end.

Everyone should see this movie.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I'm a liberal redneck hippie
is there such a thing?

i learn something new everyday.....

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
[color=gold]someone from canada, tell us again, what is your income tax rate?[/color]
Poncho is right.[size=+3][color=red]THEY'RE ALL CROOKS!!![/color][/size]
i have to agree with that; thats why i just pick the one that i agree with the most and run with it.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Yeah I saw it. Like any other controversial film people walk in wanting to swallow everything that Michael Moore has to say. Honestly every time I see one of his films I think he does make some good points, but some of his points are a little flimsy and the connections he makes with them are questionable. I get a bit frustrated when I see people coming out of the movie theater all frustrated with America. Michael Moore's point is that you shouldn't swallow everything the media is feeding you. BY THAT LOGIC you should question the points he makes in his movie too!! I guess what I'm saying is that there are two groups of people who go to see the movie. People who love to gripe about America and want an excuse, and those who go to run through a set of points and decide what they agree with.....

As we always should, as Americans.

K
Old 07-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Evil as I wanna Be

Last journal entry: First time out in 8 months!
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by killerformula
I think he does make some good points, but some of his points are a little flimsy and the connections he makes with them are questionable.
Very well said! I felt the same way when I watched "Bowling for Columbine". There were some excellent points he made, yet there were other things that I thought were waaaaaaaaay outta line. The thing I like about his films is that it opens up something to debate........and I was born to argue, LOL.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Grumpy

Last photo:

I still have to see this movie, but I just hope it is better than "Bowling for Columbine". I mean the movie started off great but when he started blaming everything on racism and saying "how we white people oppress the black people still" it started to get to me. Then he insulted Charleton Heston, then it REALLY got to me. The man invited moore into his home and let him interview him then moore has to start being an *** in the middle of the interview and start using hestons words against him, and he just doesnt want to quit!

Another part that I hated was when he went to K-mart headquaters with those 2 kids and started raising a fuss about 9mm handgun ammo.....

Than man should have done his research.

I'll ask you people here, what do you think is more powerful? A 9x19mm round, or a 7.62x51mm nato round? And guess which type of ammo the moron moore had K-mart ban?

Why did'nt moore freak out in canada where those people admited to having 7 or 8 guns? Huh? Why did he have to make it more difficult here in the US for gun owners to buy ammo?

Thats why I just hope he did a bit more research this time and tries to keep his OWN nose out of it!

Opinion is fine and even making a point or point out flaws is fine and dandy, but when you start interfearing with, or taking someones elses privledges away from them without at the very least a majority vote, then your being un American and just being a plain ***!
Old 07-06-2004, 04:26 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Hate to get into the "Gun" debate but.......it may be a right, but is it smart.....or necessary?
Old 07-06-2004, 06:02 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by 87442lover
Opinion is fine and even making a point or point out flaws is fine and dandy, but when you start interfearing with, or taking someones elses privledges away from them without at the very least a majority vote, then your being un American and just being a plain ***!
[size=3]The right to bear arms is just that, a [color=red]RIGHT[/color] granted by the Constitution, not a privilege as many politicians would want you to believe. Charleton Heston has always been and shall always be my president, no matter who is in the White House. [/size]

Quote:
Originally posted by killerformula
Michael Moore's point is that you shouldn't swallow everything the media is feeding you. BY THAT LOGIC you should question the points he makes in his movie too!!
[size=4][color=blue] A huge understatement!

The nicest thing I can say about Michael Moore is that it would please me to no end to see some rag head in Iraq holding up his head and dancing around the room chanting Allah is great. That would be justice. The man is a first class pig.[/color][/size]

Centerline
Old 07-06-2004, 07:58 AM

"The nicest thing I can say about Michael Moore is that it would please me to no end to see some rag head in Iraq holding up his head and dancing around the room chanting Allah is great. That would be justice. The man is a first class pig."

Centerline... I couldn't agree with you more, nicely said. It is an unfortuate but necessary downside of free speech to have to tolerate such cr@p.

I am not foolish enough to think our political system is not without its flaws and corruption. But looking around the world I see no other place I would rather live in. I am proud of our country and what it stands for. I'm proud of Bush for not lying down like all the other panty wipes and allowing other countries to dictate our security. Is he corrupt, I don't know... probably. Is he protecting our country, turning our economy around? Yes. Does he have the b@lls to say what he believes in, and then to stick with it? Yes. Has he done some things that really piss me off? Yes.

I would suggest that before anyone embraces Moore's views they do a little research. While as a person and an American he is a pig, he is skilled in his craft. After watching "Bowling" I certainly wouldn't spend a penny watching 9/11.

One last thing while I'm here aggravating people.

"What do I get from my country? Jack and *****"

87442, what exactly do you want your country to do for you? Hold you by the hand from the cradle to the grave with a bottle stuck in your mouth? Instead of wanting someone to take care of you, why don't you take care of yourself. Why should all my hard work go to support hand outs to you? If you truely don't believe in this country and the opportunities it provides you, please move to the Middle East.

69Z

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.