Najajima 280 LY sowing Machine Manual - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Najajima 280 LY sowing Machine Manual

hello,
I just bought a Nakajima 280LY sowing machine for my wife when I got it home I found a pin laying under the machine on floor of the van.It is approx 3/16 inch in dia and 3 inches long mach seems to be workin ok ,but it had to of come from some where ..... anyone have any idea ? I need a manual for this machine if anyone can help, I'm ok with a PDF file but my wife wants a printed one thanks everyone for your help in advance. ************************ thanks Duke

Advertisement

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 09-05-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Violation of guidelines. Please see: general board guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

It is against the rules to put your e-mail adddress in the tech forums. There is a private message function if someone wants to contact you.

Nakajima was bought out by Juki. This manual should help you: CLICK HERE

The only place I can think of for a pin like that would be on the knee lift mechanism mounted under the sewing machine table. It is probably an extra part that fell out of the drawer when you moved the machine.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 09-05-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
It is against the rules to put your e-mail adddress in the tech forums. There is a private message function if someone wants to contact you.

The only place I can think of for a pin like that would be on the knee lift mechanism mounted under the sewing machine table. It is probably an extra part that fell out of the drawer when you moved the machine.

thanks so much for the reply and the manual ,its a little hard to read but will make it work ,I'll try to print it for her,This didnt have a knee lift and after removing machine from table and laying it down on van floor ,when I went to take it out of van I noticed this pin on floor under machine ? Also Im sorry about my e-mail didnt realize that was a no-no.this site is very much like H.A.M.B hotrodders journal I enjoy that site cause I'm an old hot rodder .I'm an old lead finisher not a sower LOL thanks again sir for your help....Duke
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes

Also when did Juki buy out Nakajima ? and how old do you think this machine is? ( it says its a 280 LY ) just curious as long as it works for what she wants it really dosent matter thanks again ....Duke
Old 09-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Juki has owned a majority of Nakajima stock since 1968 according to my internet search. The machine is probably 35 or 40 years old, but so is the machine I use the most, my Consew 226. She'll never wear it out.

After further refelection, you really didn't do anything wrong by posting your e-mail address as long as you weren't advertising or promoting your own company. I pulled the trigger on you a little too quick. ( It's still better to use the private message function.)

Is this the pin you're talking about? it's from a knee lift and is 3" long and 1/4" in diameter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1150.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	58150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1151.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	58151  

Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 AM

nakajima 280

The one I found was well oiled (and smooth) and the ends were taperd off on edges If I knew how to take a picture (which I could with my phone ) and send it here I would but I dont know how to get it to this thread.I only know enough about computers to get my self in trouble would have to ask one of my granchildren how to do it LOL thanks Duke
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

In any event, if the machine is running fine I'm sure it did not fall off the machine.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.