Hot Rod Forum banner

NAPA Floor Jack

25K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  speede5 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think about this jack?.

Item#: NLE7916402

Its on sale at NAPA for $307.xx Canadian. Which is about $238.xx USD

Im more of a weekend mechanic so it wont be used everyday. Unfortunately we dont have a huge selection of different brands here.. just your typical Mastercraft, Craftsman, Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbour Frieght), Michelin, ect..

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...NLE&PartNumber=7916402&Description=Floor+Jack

Attributes:
Lift Capacity: 2-Tons
Closed Height: 2-3/4"
Raised Height: 19-5/8"
Lift Distance: 18"
Saddle Diameter: 5"
Weight:90 lbs
Product Features: Dual Pump Mechanism Which Reduces Handle Strokes Up to 50 Percent While Not Effecting Handle Effort
Nylon Wheels & Casters to Reduce Damage to Coated or Painted Floors & Reduced Noise During Transpor
Dimensions: 31" L x 16" W x 8-1/4" H
Air Operated: No

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a real nice jack. If you don't want to spend that much I just bought a 3.5 ton. Michelin jack from Canadian Tire. Only $160. It reaches full hight with two strokes witch it nice, but I think most good jacks are like that now. So far I am happy with it but I only used to two times.

#5 ·
mikeweb said:
What do you guys think about this jack?.

Item#: NLE7916402

Its on sale at NAPA for $307.xx Canadian. Which is about $238.xx USD

Im more of a weekend mechanic so it wont be used everyday. Unfortunately we dont have a huge selection of different brands here.. just your typical Mastercraft, Craftsman, Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbour Frieght), Michelin, ect..

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...NLE&PartNumber=7916402&Description=Floor+Jack

Attributes:
Lift Capacity: 2-Tons
Closed Height: 2-3/4"
Raised Height: 19-5/8"
Lift Distance: 18"
Saddle Diameter: 5"
Weight:90 lbs
Product Features: Dual Pump Mechanism Which Reduces Handle Strokes Up to 50 Percent While Not Effecting Handle Effort
Nylon Wheels & Casters to Reduce Damage to Coated or Painted Floors & Reduced Noise During Transpor
Dimensions: 31" L x 16" W x 8-1/4" H
Air Operated: No

I have that same jack,I use it every day,It's a very good jack,I got my NAPA man to let me have it for $200 for Christmas. :thumbup:

#6 ·
The nylon casters threw a red flag in front of me.. Seems like this would be an unnecessary risk. I am in the market for a new floor jack also to replace my old Hein-Werner, circa 1978, which lifts 1.5 tons and weighs 1.5 tons. Made in the States, however.

My new one very well could be a new Hein Werner unless somebody speaks up. :D

"Dollars are like votes, except that they actually count."

#9 ·
I ended up picking up the napa jack. Its very nicely built, hopefully it stands up.

I will say this.. at 90lbs its pretty heavy! however the nylon wheels make it easy to drag/roll around the garage, much easier then my old jacks metal wheels.. plus it makes less noise!

I also like the grease fittings that are on it :)

#11 ·
Where is the jack made? In my book, there isn't a Jack made in China that's worth having...not to mention I'm sick of sending my money to a commie country and in return get crap but I have no problem buying products made in Japan or any other non commie country but I'm do my best to buy from this country if I can....but that's just me.

#13 ·
cranky1 said:
Where is the jack made? In my book, there isn't a Jack made in China that's worth having...not to mention I'm sick of sending my money to a commie country and in return get crap but I have no problem buying products made in Japan or any other non commie country but I'm do my best to buy from this country if I can....but that's just me.
.... China :(

#15 ·
red_rider52 said:
Looks like a real nice jack. If you don't want to spend that much I just bought a 3.5 ton. Michelin jack from Canadian Tire. Only $160. It reaches full hight with two strokes witch it nice, but I think most good jacks are like that now. So far I am happy with it but I only used to two times.
I have the same jack and it is great for the weekend warrior. heavy, but works great. Affordale too. Unless you are going to invest in an alumimun race jack this would be more than enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.