Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NAPA Promotion - Sounds like a good deal to me
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Last journal entry: 1954 Chevy Truck Project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

NAPA Promotion - Updated - Still a good deal

I am not trying to advertise something here only trying to share what appears to be a good deal that others may want to take advantage of. If this is determined to be a violation though please delete it.

While pricing new parts for a camaro subframe project I happened to call my local NAPA store for their pricing. After giving me the costs the sales guy asked if I was interested in a promotion which could save me some money. As the cost of the parts was over $400 I took the bait and asked for more information.

Seems they have a promo related to the baja snore 250 race coming up. The promo is that for $99.00 you can get two ball joints of your choice and 5 buy one-get one free coupons on all NCP products of equal or lesser value. It also includes some posters, desk mat and entries for a trip to Las Vegas for the baja snore 250 race. UPDATE: The total cost for the parts including the $99 for the coupons was $285 after tax which is a savings of $165. Not a bad deal.

He was able to work it so that my package included upper BJ, inner & outer ties with sleeves, idler arm, centerlink and sway bar bushing kit. These are not overseas parts either. I queried him on this and was told they are made in McHenery, Ill and have kevlar coatings on the metal to metal surfaces.

Sounded good to me as I had spent several hours pricing MOOG or equal parts from the various suppliers (Summit, FLAPS, POL) and none could come close to this pricing. I pick up my order on Saturday.

Just thought I would share this information so others can benefit also. The promo runs through May and the five buy 1 - get 1 coupons you buy for the $99 are valid through Sept.

Last edited by Houston54; 05-15-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Updated to show final savings