Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NASCAR talk 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Usually if the NW drivers are asked what THEY think of the Cup guys racing in their series, they say fine and dandy- better competition, chance to learn, etc. It seems it's those of us who don't race that dislike it the most.

Then there's the start and park guys in Cup. They qualify, run a few laps then retire w/a 'vibration'. At least some of them do it to support their NW series cars... but where do you draw the line there? Let them all do it w/o regulation? Or only do it if they're NW series regulars? Or let them do it because they were once competitive in Cup? Or because they're "nice guys"?

Or should the practice be banned across the board unless the car really failed? I can see it now- parts and pieces falling off the start/parkers the first 5 laps of every cup race, causing yellow flags, etc. So that ain't gonna work. I don't know what would, either.

Personally I think NASCAR is allowing it to keep them from materially affecting the race. NASCAR doesn't want a rolling chicane and wrecks caused by guys motoring around 10 mph slower than the field, and lord knows they have the money to pay these dudes 40th place money for parking.
NA$CAR doesn't want a partial field...so they let the start and parks continue.