NASCAR talk 2012 - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nascar talk 2012

Best sleeping pill a guy could take. Now you look forward to the wrecks as nothing else is going on in the race. Just two lines going around on a 2 1/2 mile track then someone tries to make a move and they wreck taking out a bunch of cars that were not doing anything. Danica got wrecked in everything she raced, none of it her fault.

At least the last two years they had some lead changes, like 80. this year less than half. Those two long lines going around for 4 hours is why I gave up my tickets to that race.

For two years we have been hearing those TV guys tell us how great the two car racing was, that there was a lot of lead changes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Now this year there trying to sell the pack racing, well for 600 feet into the 2nd lap there was a little maybe, After the wreck,nothing. I thought at the half way point there would be some action. Nothing they for the most part stayed in line and two guys went after the $200,000, to me that's not racing. I guess I just got three more free weekends I don't have to tape a race. Jmo but the only good thing to come out of it was one of the Roush boys won and they were all in the top 10.

Bob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 PM

Last photo:

Nascar Talk 2012

Just a tid bit of info. Of the 122 cars or trucks that went on the track this last weekend or week, 93 were either wrecked or totaled. The owners are not too happy with that either.

Bob
Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Just a tid bit of info. Of the 122 cars or trucks that went on the track this last weekend or week, 93 were either wrecked or totaled. The owners are not too happy with that either.

Bob
Bob - think positive!!. It sure keeps a lot of the chassis fabricators, engine/driveline builders and sheet metal hangers busy, then subsequently, off the unemployment rolls and out of our personal wallets (taxes )

Dave W
Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 AM

Last photo:

NASCAR talk 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Bob - think positive!!. It sure keeps a lot of the chassis fabricators, engine/driveline builders and sheet metal hangers busy, then subsequently, off the unemployment rolls and out of our personal wallets (taxes )

Dave W
Well I guess you have a point there, but the owners sure will take a hit.

I just don't like that train racing, Everyone I know doesn't either. Many are drivers now, but I think NASCAR will make some changes. The owners will make too much noise, Childes was already making noise on Sat.

Bob
Old 02-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Well I guess you have a point there, but the owners sure will take a hit.

I just don't like that train racing, Everyone I know doesn't either. Many are drivers now, but I think NASCAR will make some changes. The owners will make too much noise, Childes was already making noise on Sat.

Bob

The best they could do is get rid of tracks longer the a mile, maybe a bit longer and then it becomes a DRIVER'S RACE instead of one where often the luckiest survives and wins. But with that said, Kenseth and Biffle had the cars to beat with Junior being the lone survivor from the Hendrick camp, and actually doing well for a change by forcing the 16 car up so he could pass
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Last photo:

NASCAR talk 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
The best they could do is get rid of tracks longer the a mile, maybe a bit longer and then it becomes a DRIVER'S RACE instead of one where often the luckiest survives and wins. But with that said, Kenseth and Biffle had the cars to beat with Junior being the lone survivor from the Hendrick camp, and actually doing well for a change by forcing the 16 car up so he could pass
I have no problem with the non-plate tracks. the big tracks won't go away as they are owned by NASCAR or the France family.

I really liked the two car draft, when you had 6 or eight cars fighting for the lead, and then they were in the back and someone else tried it. Having 80 lead changes to me is racing, no matter if there are one or two cars. Everyone knew they would pull apart at the end to try and win.

At least it was racing, not passing someone by going from one line to the other because a hole opened up, and the other line was a Little ahead of the other.

Jr did good, I think he was a little mad at the Biff, because he didn't push him at the end. If Biffle would have pushed JR across in first, you would have heard Jack yelling above all the noise.

I don't know why Hamlin didn't push Dale, he made no effort to at all.

Bob
Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Penske abandons Dodge for Ford for the 2013 Cup season after confirming with them earlier this year they were committed to Dodge.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Holley NASCAR EFI

I hadn't seen one until now.

The Following User Says Thank You to cobalt327 For This Useful Post:
mustang 671 (10-18-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Last photo:

Observations on NASCAR I have made.

1: I get sick of the announcers saying juan pablo montoya,why not call him juan montoya. The man is so lazy he drops the montoya off his own name many times in promotional ads.

2: When is NASCAR world going to wake up and send JPM back to Bogata, surely there are some type of trucks loaded with fuel that he can run into.

3: Who's great idea was it to turn NASCAR racing into a spec race, aka IROC. Wake up NASCAR the fans are leaving because you have made it illegal to modify a car in any way that might let you win unless you approve it first so you can tell the other teams how to do it too.

4: NASACR drive for diversity, you gotta be kidding me. What will be next NASCAR food stamps?

5:I've watched NASCAR since the mid 60's. It has only been the last 5 years or so that NASCAR has tried every way they can to ruin the racing. I doubt I will be watching to much more unless they do away with a lot of their bull**** penalties and fines levied for what they deem detrimental to racing. They need to fine themselves for that crime as they have become their own worse enemy imho.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
Penske abandons Dodge for Ford for the 2013 Cup season after confirming with them earlier this year they were committed to Dodge.
Roger Penske didn't become a billionaire by being a nice guy and always telling the truth. He'd wipe his feet on your face if he thinks it would benefit him.

Who ever goes with Dodge next year, I hope they kick the Penske cares right in the balls all year long.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:37 PM
never 2 old to learn

I have to agree. NASCAR is not what it used to be. But I guess nothing is the same as it once was.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool
Observations on NASCAR I have made.

1: I get sick of the announcers saying juan pablo montoya,why not call him juan montoya. The man is so lazy he drops the montoya off his own name many times in promotional ads.

2: When is NASCAR world going to wake up and send JPM back to Bogata, surely there are some type of trucks loaded with fuel that he can run into.

3: Who's great idea was it to turn NASCAR racing into a spec race, aka IROC. Wake up NASCAR the fans are leaving because you have made it illegal to modify a car in any way that might let you win unless you approve it first so you can tell the other teams how to do it too.

4: NASACR drive for diversity, you gotta be kidding me. What will be next NASCAR food stamps?

5:I've watched NASCAR since the mid 60's. It has only been the last 5 years or so that NASCAR has tried every way they can to ruin the racing. I doubt I will be watching to much more unless they do away with a lot of their bull**** penalties and fines levied for what they deem detrimental to racing. They need to fine themselves for that crime as they have become their own worse enemy imho.
That would be Brian France.
Apparently you haven't watched closely the last ten years, 2002 is when a lot of the spec type changes began to find their way into NA$CAR.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:

Nascar talk

Noticed no one has posted this thread for a month don't know if you lost interest or what. I fully agree that NASCAR the corp. has achieved what they wanted all the cars fit the templates that way one team or brand can't complain that the other has an advantage. It is still the best thing going you never know who is going to win each week. There is really 15 to 20 teams that could win and now that the 48 car dynasty has fallen apart it makes watching more fun.
I don't remember at all and I am going to tell you guys so many things you are going to wonder if I have lived all of this but....Jack Roush and I used to be good friends, I was actually an honoary crew member, my job was to hold down a directors chair in the pits on race day. Ihave ten years of Winston Cup crew member licenses framed. I have several pictures of Jack, Mark Martin and myself in the winners circle framed and I have around 2000 pictures taken at the track and you can't believe how close and how good they are, oh my Wife went on a cruise with Jacks Wife and Sister in law in the late ninetys. From what my Wife tells me Jack is a down to earth straight up guy and he would be right at home tuning an engine at a dirt track on Saturday night. We are going to have to get Cobalt 327 to come out here one day and I will show him around and buy him the worlds greatest cheeseburger, a Big O at the Burger Chic drive in. Cobalt is probably not over 1 1/2 hours from me and he would love the area.

Garrell
Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrell.770
Noticed no one has posted this thread for a month don't know if you lost interest or what. I fully agree that NASCAR the corp. has achieved what they wanted all the cars fit the templates that way one team or brand can't complain that the other has an advantage. It is still the best thing going you never know who is going to win each week. There is really 15 to 20 teams that could win and now that the 48 car dynasty has fallen apart it makes watching more fun.
I don't remember at all and I am going to tell you guys so many things you are going to wonder if I have lived all of this but....Jack Roush and I used to be good friends, I was actually an honoary crew member, my job was to hold down a directors chair in the pits on race day. Ihave ten years of Winston Cup crew member licenses framed. I have several pictures of Jack, Mark Martin and myself in the winners circle framed and I have around 2000 pictures taken at the track and you can't believe how close and how good they are, oh my Wife went on a cruise with Jacks Wife and Sister in law in the late ninetys. From what my Wife tells me Jack is a down to earth straight up guy and he would be right at home tuning an engine at a dirt track on Saturday night. We are going to have to get Cobalt 327 to come out here one day and I will show him around and buy him the worlds greatest cheeseburger, a Big O at the Burger Chic drive in. Cobalt is probably not over 1 1/2 hours from me and he would love the area.

Garrell
Heck, I'm there, guy! LOL My biggest problem is right now I'm a one man show running the business here, I do not get squat for "me time" (other than here at the forum and that's only because I'm on the computer anyway). But I'm not complaining- if I'm on the computer it means I'm also earning a living. Once things settle down, I'll get back to you, for surely- and thanks.

I'd love to know half of what Jack Rousch knows about carb tuning/plug reading. Guy's a genius in that regard, too.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 AM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:

Nascar talk

Dad blammmed dog got hung as son as I got here.
You have to be careful where I carry her but anyway think about it Tallapoosa was known as Possum Snout when founded!

Garrell

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.