NASCAR talk 2012 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

NASCAR talk 2012

Everyone still hate Kyle Busch?

He did one heck of a lot of great driving tonight in the Bud shoot out.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 09:39 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62

I'll never dispute his ability - but still dislike him.

Way too many wrecks and cars out of the race. Quite a ride Gordon took (interviewing him as I type this)

Dave W
Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

He can drive but he's still an A-hole. Always has been, always will be.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"I'm sorry but...... Everything you know is wrong"! - Don "Big Daddy" Garlits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 AM

Last photo:

I imagine Kyle had some help over the off season with his "issues"......shall see if it worked.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62

Of course...nothing has changed.
Have to give him credit for the driving.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

I was watching with my brother, before they started we were discussing the changes to eliminate the two car drafting, supposedly NA$CAR fans don't like it (I for one didn't mind the two car draft). My comments were that they will be right back to the massive pile ups as experienced pre two car drafting days. Imagine last nights race with another 20 cars in the pack.
Sunday will likely be a crash fest with it being a total crap shoot if you can make it to the end of the race, with a chance to win.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nascar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
I was watching with my brother, before they started we were discussing the changes to eliminate the two car drafting, supposedly NA$CAR fans don't like it (I for one didn't mind the two car draft). My comments were that they will be right back to the massive pile ups as experienced pre two car drafting days. Imagine last nights race with another 20 cars in the pack.
Sunday will likely be a crash fest with it being a total crap shoot if you can make it to the end of the race, with a chance to win.
"T" I agree with you 100%. that is not racing it is a wreck-em race waiting to happen. Like you said you have 25 of the best of the best in a so called race for 75 laps, and they have four big pile-ups, not only that no-one can pass they can't get on each other. At least in the two car race they were moving around 80 lead changes going from front to back, and if they did crash, it wouldn't take out 1/4 of the field. Next week with twice as many racing, a lot of them for the first time, there are going to be a lot of bent sheet metal and maybe someone getting hurt. And that was on the minds of a lot of the drivers this morning, if you listened to any on the radio, they were not happy with the pack racing, I know they didn't say that much about it on TV, but on radio they did.

They also talked about not getting their cars wrecked in practice, and about how many more back-up cars they had to have.

the guys on TV said this is what the people wanted, I sure as hell don't know any, all the guys I know many that raced thought the two car was the best they had ever seen. I guess the people that go to the wreck-em derby have more say, they would rather watch a big crash than a race.

I still don't like pile tush, but he did do a good job driving.

Bob
Old 02-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:

Todays Nascar sucks

Nascar went to pot when they started to try to make things equal. Winston Cup was the best and also the points system New green kids get brand new cars with all kinds of funding. Not many came up the hard way. Car of the future sucked and so did tandem drafting. Go back to the Dominator carbs and any gear run what you brung and you will see real racing.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:38 PM

Last photo:

Nascar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfyj
Nascar went to pot when they started to try to make things equal. Winston Cup was the best and also the points system New green kids get brand new cars with all kinds of funding. Not many came up the hard way. Car of the future sucked and so did tandem drafting. Go back to the Dominator carbs and any gear run what you brung and you will see real racing.
I can see you don't understand change. When they just raced in the Southeast, what they had was good enough. Then they got on TV and it opened up a whole new world for NASCAR, but they knew they had to make changes. NASCAR is nothing more than show business, just like Football Basketball, NHRA, all of them they are just putting on a show.

It doesn't matter what the car looks like or what engine it has in it, they want to have engines with about the same horsepower, gearing, tire size, so the cars will run about the same, remember it's a show. when the cars are sitting still they all look alike, if you get up close. If you have only seen a race on TV, you have only seen the car and the race through the camera's eye. They can follow a car around the track and you can read the number on the side even tell the color. Now if they held that camera in one spot, you would see nothing but a blur, you couldn't read the number, or even tell the color maybe black and yellow but if there were a pack they would look like one.

So if you don't like the way NASCAR has gone you might as well find something else to watch because they are not going to change back to anything that will make it like it used to be, which was about 30 years ago. Yep we like old cars, and we can build them like they were. But NASCAR likes money and they are not going back.

Bob
Old 02-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Last photo:

Fords on the front row....The cat in the hat is smiling, I bet......
Old 02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

I don't recall seeing Smoke in any commercials during the off season , but I don't watch anything much on Speed other than races, so there may have been ads I didn't see.

I'm looking for Edwards to take the trophy at the end of the year.

I hate how pile acts publicly, always have. His driving skill was never in dispute.

One Busch that's learning some humility (finally) is Kurt.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Daytona 500

With 40 laps to go Montoya was hauling butt to get back around to the field under a yellow, when his car broke and he broadsided a jet dryer. Now THAT'S something you don't see every race!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
With 40 laps to go Montoya was hauling butt to get back around to the field under a yellow, when his car broke and he broadsided a jet dryer. Now THAT'S something you don't see every race!
.....and surprisingly, they got the "37 hours of Daytona" in after track repairs and for the most part, actually a fairly good race for a super speedway.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I recorded the race, I can fast forward through the racing and watch the wrecks. I am not much of a fan anymore, it seems like they are all pretty boys, well spoken, well coached from the charm school. Equality? What happened to identifying a car from anywhere on the race track? They all have the same form, throw on some decals and a name badge to identify the car make. Sure, they race side by side, but where is the loyalty to the badge? I can remember Bill Elliot kicking butt, if you didn't like Bill, you hoped he blew it up and someone else to win. If you like Fords, you were a happy camper. Pack racing took the place of drafting. When is the last time the announcers spoke of the draft? The good thing is there are a LOT of wrecks and that is about the only interesting part of the race anymore. I often wonder if the driving ability is equal or better than the old timers, comparatively speaking. It just doesn't seem to have a high skill factor as to a high luck factor. Granted, there are a bunch of highly skilled drivers out there, but where do you seperate the skills from the luck?

A few things I would like to see changed:
If you can't buy the parts at the dealership, you can't use them.
4 doors are 4 doors, race them. Front wheel drives are the same, race them. Cuts out a lot of the cars used, run Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. Now there is a car I can tell apart from the rest of the field. These cars are not sedans but are not coupes either.
If you wreck your car, fix it or lose your place in the field. No back up cars. Let the next guy in line run his car. Talk about drama, can they fix their car in time for the big race? Or will Pretty Boy Floyd get a run for the money?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:

Kyle Busch

Kyle he is a wheel man for sure.

I was looking at how much money the last place car made in the Nationwide race on Saturday and it was something like $40,850.00 dollars.

I was just wondering how many were able to bring their race car home in one piece.

Watching plate racing is not much fun and I think you see a better show over at East Bay Raceway on a Saturday night and it only costs $10.00 bucks with Free parking!!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion. Jimbo

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.