NASCAR Talk 2013 - Page 10 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Fontana - back to racing on a decent-sized track again!
Should be some good speed and some good racing

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 03:22 AM

Last journal entry: tools
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Right there should be, what a bumpy *** track cars all over the place I should have never broke up with Danica HaHa I bet deep down she misses me
Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

There's just no getting away from DP! So I'm sitting down to watch the F1 GP race on NBCSP, and what do I see? A commercial featuring her nibs, doing a hulk hogan-like shirt rip (or driving suit in this case) to expose her in a short golfing skirt. I think the only thing that could eclipse her is if jr came out.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 AM

Last photo:

HaHa

Mark, Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. If Miss Amy heard you say that, she might poke your eyes out with one or both of these.(.)(.)

Old 03-24-2013, 10:58 AM

Danica

Danica,Danica,Danica, makes me know I'm a Manica.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Last photo:

Ok what was the caution for a spin and he didn't hit anything,and 4 laps of caution for this spin krazy don't understand it
Old 03-24-2013, 04:09 PM

Last photo:

Toyota blows up agian Boyer wow big time,I don't like Kurt Bush but that boy can drive the hell out of that car.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:

Wow!!! Wotta race! Sat on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

Joey is now competing for the title of most mature, well-developed professional driver who is most "dear to our hearts" position formerly held by the Vile Tush.

"Miss pretty face" finished about where she was expected. That should now begin to attract the attention of talking heads who will solemnly discuss and debate why she has not won any races so far, and why she is mired so far back in the points and her prospects for making the chase. It is noted that Rookie Stenhouse Jr (her main squeeze and co-competitor for rookie of the year) continues to finish at least a lap ahead of her. Must make for some interesting pillow talk!

By the way - I watched the Indy race just before the "real race" - it was her old car that won! Guess that sorta answers the Q of whether it was the skill of driver or if was the car!

However, Indy still has Simona Di Silvestro so they aren't hurting for glamour.

My only question of THAT series is: IZOD! ("You do? Why? I don't even want to ZOD")
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

If all it took to win in Nascar was a nice firm body, she would finish #1 everytime but unfortunately I guess you have to be able to drive too which she falls short on.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

That was a good race at a bad track, that back stretch has more swells than the pacific.

IMO smoke had no right to freak out on Joey, I think the kid showed his moxy on the track but should have showed some during the interview, commentator waltrip said it too.

Junior is on top, now that is the real story
Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM

Last photo:

Never did I think I would cheer for Joey L. I loved it when he blocked smoke. He should have hit Hamlin when KB was passing on the top, I do hope Hamlin isn't hurt too bad. Great race.

Bob
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:

Seems Hamlin has a "bad back" issue - always had. He says it is hereditary. He has a herniated disc and other issues that he was treating with therapy. So they are keeping him in hospital overnight (at least) for observation to see what - if anything - that concrete wall did to his back. Yes he climbed out (of what remained of his Camry) by himself, but then promptly collapsed. We will have to await news.

Hope he is OK - I hate seeing anyone get wrecked - especially seriously, but if anyone was gonna get hurt I can think of a few I'd rather see get helicoptered off to hospital
Old 03-25-2013, 04:44 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom10 View Post
That was a good race at a bad track, that back stretch has more swells than the pacific.

IMO smoke had no right to freak out on Joey, I think the kid showed his moxy on the track but should have showed some during the interview, commentator waltrip said it too.

Junior is on top, now that is the real story
SMOKE in the interview.. said he wasn't mad about the blocking.. but that he forced smoke down twice.. as you just can't "check up" at a restart or you get punted..
when a car has a head of steam and you force him to the apron .and haven't got moving.. you got a problem..
Like tony said if the kid wasn't whining about how everyone else was driving every week he'd let it go..
Hamlin wrecked himself.. try'n to wreck the #22.. the reply clearly shows it... maybe that will be the wake up call that clown needs..
as for the new driver of the #22.. I feel bad for penske as that cars gonna have a bunch of DNF's as most the field has had it with him..

and lookie here the #88 is top in points with 5 top 10 finishes with most of those in the top5... even with his crew screwing up a pit stop with him in 3rd and going out 22nd..(21.4 stop)
and drove to 4th and got a 2nd because of hamlin tow'n the gibbs line... as coach wanted a win at that track and either the 11 or 18 was inline to get it as long as they punted the #22 and hamlin did just that... and everyone got on dania's case because she didn't know to bump and run without taking herself out.. hamlin needs a few leasons also..

that tracks got more bumps than most roads in maine..

Last edited by gearheadslife; 03-25-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Way I saw it, Joey was in the wrong- if you can call any of it 'wrong' and not 'just racing'. IMO Joey should have dove down and just (tried to) beat Hamlin to the line but instead he hip checked him, got himself loose, and as a result moved up into DH and the rest is history.

With Smoke, one block is fine, but repeatedly checking up on him like he did will get you what we all saw, most every time. Hate to be on the wrong end of Smoke w/him on a mission to pay someone back...

His comment about DH "getting what he gets" or whatever? I think he's (still) a punk for saying that. DH gave him racing room and it could have been a really close finish instead of a wreck that gave the race to bush. The wreck was unnecessary and hitting head-on into a cement wall that fast has to get your attention- bad back or not.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Way I saw it, Joey was in the wrong- if you can call any of it 'wrong' and not 'just racing'. IMO Joey should have dove down and just (tried to) beat Hamlin to the line but instead he hip checked him, got himself loose, and as a result moved up into DH and the rest is history.

With Smoke, one block is fine, but repeatedly checking up on him like he did will get you what we all saw, most every time. Hate to be on the wrong end of Smoke w/him on a mission to pay someone back...

His comment about DH "getting what he gets" or whatever? I think he's (still) a punk for saying that. DH gave him racing room and it could have been a really close finish instead of a wreck that gave the race to bush. The wreck was unnecessary and hitting head-on into a cement wall that fast has to get your attention- bad back or not.
hamlton clipped the left rear of the #22 sending it sliding toward the wall..
and haml cranked the wheel left.. and off he went.. only one to blame for the #11 hitting the inside wall is hamlton..
this isn't the first time these two have been at each other..
won't be the last.. that 22 better have a big *** rearview mirror as he's gonna need it..

as far as tony.. once you block and the guy moves to the apron to not wreck you. and you still cut him off.. you are asking to get punted.. and tony will use the chrome horns

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.