NASCAR Talk 2013 - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 AM

Last journal entry: more progress
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So guess it's Denny's time to shine,great driver I have always thought he was.But it just seams like to me he has a real chip on his shoulder the last couple of years I wonder how Gibb's will deal with this Guess Gibbs will have his check book out today
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 AM

Last photo:

denny and gibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by model-a View Post
So guess it's Denny's time to shine,great driver I have always thought he was.But it just seams like to me he has a real chip on his shoulder the last couple of years I wonder how Gibb's will deal with this Guess Gibbs will have his check book out today
first it apears toyota cant build a engine that will last,,denny always seems to have a big chip,that could improve when toyota solves ther engine isue.bush has matured, kensith jumped to the wrong ship.roush should grab bush.
nascar needs to break up thebig combine backed by gm and ford to a lesser gegree.pass a rule that teams have 2 cars and must build ther own engines, run any rear axel ratio they want.Rick and the france grp controle the whole show,not good. cliff
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 AM

Last photo:

I missed the days of run watcha brungI know times change but those were the good old days,and I think it's time for Leave it to Beaver gotta go
Old 03-08-2013, 08:22 AM

Last photo:

Denny Hamlin

How do you feel about Denny being fined TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS for his post race comments about the Gen 6 cup cars?

I'll be the first to say its BS in light of what he actually said.

Hamlin fined for post-race comments
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Last photo:

denny and gibs

I think that all the sprint cup drivers should say to nascar,you fine denny we wont run vaguse.I t is bad enough listening to all the anounsers who would not say **** if they had a mouth full.Iwill have no respect for nascar if they do not rethink dennys fine.what he sead was just the truth so far the gen6 has not bean a howling sucsess. in closing i am now a denny fan. cliff
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN View Post
How do you feel about Denny being fined TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS for his post race comments about the Gen 6 cup cars?

I'll be the first to say its BS in light of what he actually said.

Hamlin fined for post-race comments
well thats just like when stewart said a few years back on a tuesday that the race was like wrestling. they throw the caution when they want freezing the field to benefit who they want. they shouldnt be fined for anything they say on their own time. it BS and it hurt their fan base back then and it will again. the fans are what can change things. they trashed talladega once for finishing the last 9 laps under caution. and after that they have a green white checker, so rioting does get s**t done.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Nascar's gotten just like the Feds'. Too controlling and anything someone says that they don't like, they stomp on 'em. I read where Denny is refusing to pay the fine. YOU GO DENNY !!! Screw NASCAR....if they don't want to hear negative things about the cars, then get out of the design of them and let the teams build what they want to drive.

OK, I'm done, who's next on the soapbox...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Last photo:

Will I guess it's a rain delay at Vegas,rain delays are not so bad because they show all the good old days of racing.Showing the King in the old days David Person,Bobby Allison,Cale Yarbough,Buddy Baker, I remember having my picture made with these guy's. Course God bless my Grandparents that was something that they never kept up with pictures,I hate that nothing I can do about that now.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Nascar's gotten just like the Feds'. Too controlling and anything someone says that they don't like, they stomp on 'em. I read where Denny is refusing to pay the fine. YOU GO DENNY !!! Screw NASCAR....if they don't want to hear negative things about the cars, then get out of the design of them and let the teams build what they want to drive.

OK, I'm done, who's next on the soapbox...
i wish they would interview the fans and what they think of nascar an let be aired on tv.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Last photo:

intervew fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by runn141 View Post
i wish they would interview the fans and what they think of nascar an let be aired on tv.
they do not have the jam,they should change the name to natzeycar
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM

Last photo:

Well hows the race going for everyone so far same old stuff I am impressed with Jrs pit stops today.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Las Vegas race

(Las Vegas or "lost wages"? )

Now THAT was a race! (No two-car push, no freight trains, lotsa passing - it seemed that everyone passed everyone else at least twice!) Best of all - not a single "big one" wreck!

Despite the best efforts of "Wrecky" Stenhouse to test the wall, it was never marred by a red flag to clean up the debris, only two cars blew up - and one of those was pure driver error when Newman hit "eleventy-eleven million" RPM on a missed shift and one that just plain blew up.

The viewing audience is growing, largely due to the presence of a beauty pageant contestant in the "Go Daddy" car, so now sponsors will be easier to sign when there are more folks watching, and the $$$$ will make for better research and even better racing.

High speeds on track, cars that actually look (somewhat) like what you can find in a showroom, and a format that even "Aunty Ethyl" can follow.

Its was as close to a perfect race as can be done!

(I'm NOT gonna bother watching next week's demo derby at the paperclip. In my view, any and all tracks less than a mile should either become parking lots or strip malls, or else reserved for go-karts and amateur night races involving four cylinder front-wheel drive cars!)
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Dimwit

Last journal entry: S10 fabrication (cont'd)
Last photo:

[QUOTE=I'm NOT gonna bother watching next week's demo derby at the paperclip. [/QUOTE]

The paperclip. That would be Martinsville. Next week, they're at Bristol. That would be the bullring. The short tracks are the only things that keep NASCAR grounded to its history. I wish they had more tracks less than one mile and fewer of the 1.5 mile clones.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Last photo:

Beauty Pageant? You're kidding. LOL Pageant queens still have to talk, and listening to her talk makes my head hurt

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.