Hot Rod Forum banner

NASCAR Talk 2013

16K views 172 replies 25 participants last post by  Dave57210 
#1 ·
They're at Daytona for testing. Sprint Cup cars have a lot of changes to downforce, HP, etc. and a new look, I'm sure some won't like it but they do look a little more recognizable between the makes.

Averaging about 195 no draft, should be well over 200 mph in the draft. Don't know if it'll be a tandem or multi-draft deal yet, in the current configuration they seem a bit twitchy when they're nose to tail. But they're a lot faster.

The testing goes on through the 12th. Speed is covering it.

#3 ·
That's fine.

I'm wondering how much the specs are going to change between now and the Daytona race in February. They have kept the restrictor plates the same as last time I believe, yet w/the softer rear springs on this set up the cars are quite a bit faster. There's an unwritten rule that NASCAR seems to want the qualifying speeds below 200 mph so they might do something to slow them down some.

#9 ·
Last thing I heard was that two were "critical", but "stable"

"Stable" is a kinda weird word that Doctors use - you're not getting any worse, but you're not getting any better either!

Minimum of 28 injured, two critical (but stable) and the rest all needed some level of emergency care. One of the "critical" ones is a kid.

#11 ·
Right 14 years old I think,I say there will be a bad one in today's race.
Wouldn't surprise me. They always seem to happen when the race has about 500 feet to go and no-one will give any ground whatever and then they get all wadded up.

Mind you, there are always a couple of knuckledraggers who are quite capable of causing "the big one" in mid-pack on the first parade lap. And these drivers are SUPPOSED to be about the best there are, anywhere?

I am fully aware that I am SO not in their league and that doing what they do is so far beyond the understanding of us mortals, but at the same time......:spank: :nono:

#20 ·
Daytona 500

Started to watch the Daytona 500, had to watch something else for the first hour, unless I wanted to watch guys sitting around talking about the Daytona 500. Then the race started and Fox channel is showing parts of the race between all the commercials. Race interrupted by more talking and 1/4 screen view of race while more commercials. Finally gave up attempting to see any racing between commercials, went outside and worked in the yard which was more productive and enjoyable than watching hours of commercials with intermintent nascar racing. I suspect there is a race going on at Daytona today, just wish it was on TV between the erectile dysfunction and progressive insurance commercials...:mad:

#30 ·
Started to watch the Daytona 500, had to watch something else for the first hour, unless I wanted to watch guys sitting around talking about the Daytona 500. Then the race started and Fox channel is showing parts of the race between all the commercials. Race interrupted by more talking and 1/4 screen view of race while more commercials. Finally gave up attempting to see any racing between commercials, went outside and worked in the yard which was more productive and enjoyable than watching hours of commercials with intermintent nascar racing. I suspect there is a race going on at Daytona today, just wish it was on TV between the erectile dysfunction and progressive insurance commercials...:mad:
and the dodge commercials when dodge wasnt even in the race.

#21 ·
You said it my friend, I didn't go outside like you did but took a good nap,41 to go take another small nap till the end. Boring follow the leader :eek: what not a commercial not now it's only been 5 laps of racing:nono: don't show them to much of the race,they can show the Hardees commercial all they want:thumbup:

#27 ·
sad for a 40+ y/o fan. as you must only watch the front.. pack..
plent of racing all 500..
just not so much up front..
as far as the way the t/v does the ads and the talking over the racing. thats so you'll go to the tracks instead of sitting in a chair at home.. they found out a few years ago that the coverage was so good ,many fans desided to stay home and watch..
only fans bored are the ones that only look and follow the front 6 cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.