Hot Rod Forum banner

Nasty Car Noises :)

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TBucket23 
#1 ·
Here a few of the nasty noises I have come across on my 79 nova project.
1. Starter not engaging right. This makes a great wining noise that is very annoying and loud.
2. Shattering the starter housing, didn't use correct bolts :> so the starter was able to kick around.
3.Snapped Ujoints, This is awesome especially in first gear wap wap wap wap. I heard though it was a bit dangerous so it is fixed :)
4. Spark Plugs not in right hole, this makes for nice fire balls out of the headers, doesnt run good for some reason though ;).

These are some of the silly problems I have come across and fixed on my first real hot rod, 350, 1979 nova. Add your own funny noises if you have any :)

#2 ·
I got a few. I had an old 305 that was about ready to die and had a real bad timing chain. Its a miracle the thing ran as well as it did. But everytime I would lay into the throttle and let off it would backfire out of the exhaust really loud almost everytime! People at my high school hated it becasue I would do this when I pull up next to them in the parking lot. ONe of the cool things was when I was driving at night sometimes and it would backfire I would see a fire come out of my tail pipe! :thumbup: :evil: :pain:

Brad

#3 ·
Notjing can describe it like when a friend or customer comes up to you and informs you that their car is going..RRRrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh,RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh,Rrrrgggggghhhh. I ALWAYS tell them to do it again,that way I can hear the problem again.There is nothing quite as funny as when the drivers come into the shop and do that.Come on good buddy,describe that sound to me one more time.
My buddy described when his flywheel started to crack,as a Kiii,Kiii,Kiii. I was waiting for a cat to come out of the bushes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.