Hot Rod Forum banner

Need 64,65 olds 2 door post rear quarter window info

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  hot6rod5les 
#1 ·
While I have some internet time deployed, I am trying to find some info about my rear 2 door post quarter windows.. Please see this post for reference

http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic....393cecf3d613e4

I am trying to find someone else with a64, 65 2 door post that can send me pictures of what it looks like when they roll down thos back windows..

Mine rolled down and tipped forward with the upper front corner riding down the channel. this caused the whole window to come out of the back channel and cause a mess of other problems...

I was able to get regulators off ebay and think i found a place that sells front and rear window run channels
Please see post for what I mean..

Please anyone have a 2 door post i would guess 64,65 olds,chevy,pontiac, buick..Please let me know how your back window rolls down.. pics would be great..

#2 ·
Well, I got some really good regulators to use. Now I am trying to find a place that will rebuild my window channels..

Also, again can anyone get me a picture of what their rear 2 door post quarter windows look like when they roll them down? This would need to be done on a '64 or '65 post.

I swear mine do not go down correctly.

#4 ·
Yeah, I already posted over there.. Nobody can seem to get me photos of a 2 door post rear windows going down on that site, this site or the real Olds power site.

Someone must have photo's..

#6 ·
I can take photos of my 65 Gran Sport window reg for you but it is a convertible so it may be different. I think they all do that strange dropping the front down movement.

I can't do it right now but I will tomorrow.

Brian

#7 ·
hot6rod5les said:
Hey, I know this is an old post but I have the same problem and am wondering if you found a solution. P.S. That's a nice 442. I have a 65 cutlass but would love to have a 64 442 some day.
I had that problem with my 64 lemans post. The window had shifted forward in the channel that fastens to the bottom of the window.Yours may have slipped in either direction. When the window gets so far down in the body as you roll it down there is at one point very little of the window edge in the guide channels and if it has slipped forward or back it will come out of the guides. It happened to mine ,it could be happening to yours. They are the same as far as design and interchangability, both being "A" bodys watch the places where the window touches the guides and roll them up and down a few times , you will see.
They are designed to tip down in front as they descend into the body when rolling down.

#9 ·
Channel Replacement?

Do you guys know if there are replacement slide channels available somewhere. Neither year one nor opgi have them for the 64-65 cutlass 2-dr posts. The convertibles are different alltogether. My windows roll up properly but the channels are completely rotted. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.