need 76 firebird doorglass info - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

need 76 firebird doorglass info

Would like to know if anyone has a pic of the stops for the up travel adj. ?? Haven't seen any in the parts catologs that I have yet !! Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

What is your problem? Also not to be a smartbutt, if yours is missing did you look at the bottom of your door? I don't know how many stops I re-installed on those cars where the door parts just loosened up and fell to the bottom. Saying that I made a lot of money putting them back together.

BB
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM

I'm not trying to be a smartbut but the window travels to far in the up direction !! LOL! That's why I need the stops !! My nephew just put skins on the doors and painted it last year and he thught the windows just needed adjustment and this is the first I got to it . I've taken the other side apart so I could see what the stops look like as I could not get a pic of them so I know what I need now . The pass side are gone completly and I haven't talked to him yet to see if he may have them but I don't think he has so I'm looking for some now . But thanks any way !
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Are they completely missing? They should attach to the inner structure As I remember there is only one per side.
If they are indeed missing a wrecking yard is your best bet.

BB
Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,073 Times in 957 Posts
You know what's funny Mike, you ask "How in the hell could this be missing"? Well, let me tell you. When putting my Gran Sport together, now mind you I have two, three, four or 6 of most parts on this car, I had two complete top assemblies! MANY clocks and locks and emblems and seat belts, window regulators, you get the idea. I found that I was missing one of these damn stops! I am sure, I am POSITIVE I will find it, along with a couple extras probably over the next few weeks as I go thru the stuff to sell it. But at the time, it was missing and I jumped on eBay and paid $15 or something for one thrilled to do so to get that door done.

Brian
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Yep ;totaly gone ! I know a T/A guy that will probably have them if my nephew lost them ! I bhave some other things that need to be done inside the door also so I can take my time while I'm waiting for the parts !

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.