Hot Rod Forum banner

need advice ...bad.

658 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 ·
hi everybody..I have a friend who has a car with no FENDER tag on it, the DASH tag says it is a certain model of car in that specific car family but the car has some features which makes the dash vin seem wrong. Is it possible that some people take intereriors of cars (say window posts) and take them out and put in (say crank down windows) to restore the car how they like? If this is the case how does one prove that the car is actually what the dash vin says it is and that the vin wasnt simply removed from a junk yard car and put on the car that was bought? The rad support is also from a different vehcle so those numbers dont match..and there is no numbers in the deck. The engine is out of a different car as well. my buddy is worried that someone may accuse him of trying to pass off a car as something its not...does anybody have any advice?

#2 ·
Depends on the car...Most GMs in the 60s had a tag on the firewall.....of course, a tag can be changed. Lots of cars had the serial # in the frame....of course, a frame could be changed.

Point is, unless you have a documented history of said vehicle, anything could be true. ...

I figure, go by the tag on the dash, if that matches with the paperwork....you are good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.