Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need advice on eliminating computer stuff on 87 chevy caprice
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Need advice on eliminating computer stuff on 87 chevy caprice

Hello guys my brother has a 87 chevy caprice with a 305 in it and it has an electronic quadrajet and has an electronic distributor. The car has been sitting for a couple of years and just got it back up and running.

I don't know the history of the car but I went to advance auto parts and got a rebuild kit for the quadrajet but I did not have the numbers on me but they gave me a basic quadrajet kit which I hope will work. Any how if this does not help out I am wanting to eventually put a holley on this car but I need to get rid of the computer stuff. The transmission is a 700r4 so I know all I have to do with it is have the right brakcet kickdown setup for it and adjusted properly.

The car has an EGR and the distributor is electronic as well. I can get rid of the electronic distributor and put a non computer hei in its place but what do I use for the ignition wire to hook up to it? And I know with the manifold I would need an adapter plate and what about the EGR? Hope someone can help me out here if the carb rebuild does not work good. Am still going to eventually do all this anyways just need pointed in the right direction.
Thanks
Eric