Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need Advice on intake setup
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks

I screwed that up, sorry. When i bought the car, and he was going to remove the blower setup (which he had a lot of money into), he was also going to swap out the heads (which he also had a lot of money into) to a set of reworked 305 heads for increased compression, and use thinner gaskets. He was a good mechanic and knowledgable, so I'm sure there were also other tricks he used to make it driveable and reliable going to a carb setup without changing the internals. Basically, I came to pick up the car about a month after he agreed to sell it to me and the changes were already done. He told me what they all were, but i was too excited to pay much attention and really only remember the heads and the gaskets. What I'll probably do is pull the heads and measure bore and stroke so I know exactly what I have to work with before i make a decision. Downfall is I dont know what the specs on the cam are. It's not extreme at all, probably somewhere around 220 @ .050", but thats just based on the fact that it has the same idle that my buddys truck with that cam it has. Thanks for the input, if I ever figure it out I'll let you know. Until then, if you have any ideas as to measuring the lift/duration of the cam ( yeah, i know, good luck) let me know.