Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need advice on lift purchase
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM

Last journal entry: More on the Cobra Engine
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It's your decision to make....I purchased both a 2-post and 4-post lift, they both have there advantages, but I use the 2-post many times more then their other lift.
That said, I would not buy any 2-post lift that was rated under 10,000lbs. You may have other needs, and other personal safety standards, but I service my own truck and like to have a little leave way with regard to capacity. My Dodge weighs a little over 9ooolbs, and while it's only on the lift twice a year, it is a load of a truck. Besides the capacity, these lifts are very expensive to repair, and I am not a fan of the lift you pictured, I like the a-symmetrical lifts, that are off-set, once you have one and experience how hard it is to get in and out of some vehicles, you will learn to embrace this feature. $900.00 for a well worn lift isn't a bargain in my eye's, yes if you don't have one it may seem cheap enough, but lifts have a definite life span, that is why so many chains regularly replace them at 3-4 year intervals. The lifts, require cable replacements, pump repair and like any other piece of equipment, simple wear out. I would wait for my garage to be built, then get yourself a better, higher capacity new lift and enjoy it for many years.