Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need advice on lift purchase
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yknot
I usually don't get up-set at the many idiot that tend to hang around some sites like this, but you are simply putting out very dangerous information, to those two simple to read there instructions. Do a search, there are plenty of home lifts that fail, and the number one reason is just as you may think, improper installations. A long time ago, I had the great pleasure is trying to save a young man that was pinned under a car. He was exceedingly stupid and never educated himself or maybe didn't care, about how to properly use jack stands and work underneath a car. Yes, there was nothing I could do for him, except watch as the weight of the car, slowly crushed him to death. The really sad part wa the horrified look in the face of the man' son and wife. I will never forget that day or the horrible sounds he made while he passed from this life to what lies beyond. I'm sure that kid will be marred for life.

Ynot-you are full of it.

Watch a guy just lay there and die?
Not even look for a jack? Or a 4x4 to pry the car up? Or even try to lift the car? It is a well documented fact that a person of average strength can do amazing things when their husband or child is in danger.

And if you are so smart, and all knowing, why were you even in the company of that "exceedingly stupid" man? And Yknot were you not able to use your super human powers of premonition and show the guy how to do it right BEFORE he crushed himself.

I may be stupid in the eyes of a superior being like you, and yeah, everyone should follow the manufacturer's instructions, but I've had my lift in my shop for ten years, anchored to the floor and ceiling and used it to capacity many times. I have had to put heavy cars on it way out of balance as well, with no problems. I have used it many times to pull motors and transmissions, rear ends and have never treated a car on the lift gingerly. My lift does not budge. I check the bolts regularly, and not one has loosened.

I do this stuff for a living. Every day. Maybe if you had some real experience, you would not be so critical of other's suggestions.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example