Need to buy Part WHERE WHERE - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 05:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question Need to buy Part WHERE WHERE

I need to get a Mallory 3 stage retard unit I order from Jegs and 13 days laters they tell me it on bac order and they were real snotty with me.... I have done $12000 plus with them in the last 2 years and thats what I get. Summit sucks they have the worst customer service so if anyone could point me to a good place that has fair prices..... Thank you

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2003, 05:15 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

Re: Need to buy Part WHERE WHERE

Quote:
Originally posted by keithm
Summit sucks they have the worst customer service so if anyone could point me to a good place that has fair prices..... Thank you
Maybe summit just doesn't like you. I have been using them for years and don't have a single complaint yet. Many of my friends have used them as well. One of the guys I work with ordered a set of carbon-fiber taillights for his camaro and one of the lenses was discolored. He called summit and explained the situation and that he had a car show to go to that weekend. They had a replacement lense at the shop in 2 days, no additional shipping charges. I sent back two MSD distributors 'cause I wasn't happy with the machining quality and they did everything they could to help me out eventually sending me a Mallory distributor instead and crediting me back the difference in cost plus all shipping expenses. If that sucks I'll take it.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:00 PM

Well I order a aluminum radiator and water pump from summit and they shipped it to the wrong address then in turn shipped me the parts to my address well six months later I placed a $4500 order for my girls mustang for X-mas had it 2 days ship well after 4 days I called them and asked them where my parts are and they told me that they didn't send them because I never send them back there parts that they shipped to the wrong address.. I was doing business with them at that point for over 15 years and now I had retain a lawyer because they put a blemish on my credit report for $985 so if that doesn't make them suck to me them I guess I should just move to a mole hole
Old 08-12-2003, 07:08 PM

Last photo:

Well shipping errors happen dude. Your raggin' about Jegs, ragin' about summit. Sounds to me like you're just not happy with the fact that ***** happens and sometimes we need to deal with it. I am sorry if your order got screwed up from summit, I have had great luck with them. As far as Jegs goes, working in this field for too many years I know that 'backorder' is as common as the peanutbutter and jelly sandwich (although it would be nice if they called). If I came on strong in my other post it was probably just cause I thought that was a pretty negative post for your first post here at hotrodders, not even an introductory hello.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:13 PM

well I been a member for 1 year on this post but for some reason I cant get in with my normal Id .. I tried having them send me a new password or my old one but I dont get a return so I just created this because I have a track rental this friday and I need this box or I can watch my 14 other buddys race
Old 08-12-2003, 07:22 PM

Last photo:

If you are experiencing any log-in problems send an e-mail to Jon@hotrodders.com or you can send him a PM through this site. As for the original question....

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANOTHER PARTS SUPPLIER BESIDES SUMMIT OR JEGS????

Figured I'd throw that in there since we got off course. What about PAW. Heard about them but never checked them out firsthand. Their website is HERE.

Also here is an old thread I found on PAW -
http://hotrodders.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20441

Old 08-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Well, I like summit and Jegs. I have never had any problems with either, and have probably spent 10k between them. I would just search the web for a supplier.

Chris

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.