Hot Rod Forum banner

Need a Cable for an Eagle Lift

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  timothale 
#1 ·
I have an Eagle 4-post lift I purchased new.

A cable broke with a car on the lift. With the help of a friend and some jacks, I was able to get the car off the lift safely.

I called Eagle using the phone number on their website and spoke with a nice lady who hinted that they might not have a replacement cable, but she'd check and get back to me.

Long story short, no one ever called back. I've left another message and have heard nothing from them. So keep that in mind if you ever consider buying anything from Eagle.

Anyway, I still need to get a cable. This one is 100" long. Who could I contact to have one made?

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks, guys.

I'm making one more attempt to get a response from Eagle on Monday, then I'll check with Bend-Pak and if no luck with them, try to find a fabricator. With two major shipyards in my area, there should be a local fabricator.

This post has been deleted
#8 · (Edited)
one more thing to check.

I have a 2 post lift down at the shop. and am thinking about a 4 post lift with a wheel kit when we get the new house finished, 11 ft ceiling in the 4 car garage. cables that have to bend around those pullies should made from smaller wire strands, more like the ones on our winches on our farm equipment trailers,

6 x 37 (Go to Online Catalog)
Classification Wire Ropes have a third layer of wires which make them more flexible, although less abrasion-resistant than ropes of the 6 x 19 class. Each strand contains numerous, comparatively small diameter wires which offer superior bending ability. As the number of wires in each strand increases, flexibility increases. Often used on winches and as hoist ropes on overhead and mobile cranes.

#18 ·
I have an eagle lift, haven't had to buy any replacement parts for 5 years or so...3 years into ownership the shaft inside the motor/pump assembly sheared...I thought It felt a funny blip when raising and I released the locks and lowered the vehicle.. thank god because if I had set it on the locks that car woulda been there for a few days....

Anyway, I called up eagle and asked for a price..the price they quoted me was $100.00 less then the price listed online, I asked the guy why the lower price, he said because it shouldn't have failed that soon, I asked how much to ship it, he said don't worry about that well get it there asap....showed up two days later which also was the day before Christmas... I couldn't have been happier with the service I received......sorry you didn't get the same treatment

I chalked my pump failure up to too many below freezing starts, living in wi and not having a full time heated shop its gonna have cold starts in the winter...since then I give it a little more warmup time before I start working and have been ok...

also I don't have any advice on your cable setup, I'm sorry, I just wanted to comment on their service I received previously from them, I would try calling back and just be more of an As*hole this time :D

#19 ·
heat cable

I use the heat cable that is used to keep water pipes from freezing. I have it around my shop air compressor pump. that would probably help on your hoist. I should also wrap the pump on my 4 ft x 4 ft southworth lift table It's a little nolsy in the winter, It's quite a ways from the wood stove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.