Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Need Correct Coolant Hose Routing
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Need Correct Coolant Hose Routing

Hello,
Can someone tell me if this is correct. I have an '81 El Camino that originally came with a 305 and AC. I took the 305 out as well as the AC and put a freshly rebuilt 350 in its place. I have decided to bypass the heater also, atleast for the time being. I have just broke this engine in. It does not have more than 45 minutes run time on it. I have noticed my temp is hovering right around the 195-200 degree mark. My thermostat is new; 180 temp. the radiator is the original radiator which I believe-not sure how to tell-is a two core with a shroud. I have an RPM air gap intake manifold. I put pipe plugs in the threaded holes--one in the front, one in the back of the intake manifold--leading to the coolant passages in the intake manifold. After reading some of the other post, I don't think I should have done this. Since I am not using my heater at the moment, should I take the pipe plug out in the front of the intake manifold, and run a hose from that to the top of the water pump which is a new long style water pump?
Also, I have my temp sensor for my temp gauge screwed into the block between cylinders 1 and 3. Is this the correct place or should I relocate it to the top of the intake manifold?
Once again, thank you for all responses.