Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - need a glove box lock and latch
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacytracy
There are several vendors that sale repo latches. Try chevs of the 40s or I and I repros. As for getting scolded for asking where to find and buy specific parts, you guys that monitor this site need to lighten up a bit. I dont think he was asking for someone to sell him one, just where to buy the part to help finish his project. Another nameless hot rod site has ruined its reputation among rodders for being scolded about trivial things IMHO.
First of all, this post was reported to me by another member of the site, who knew this post was made in the wrong area. No one was being "scolded". I know he was just asking for help, and is a newcomer. From the board guidelines: "Don't post ads for cars or parts, or help wanted ads. Classified ads are forbidden on the bulletin board. Use our classifieds section. For more information, please review our Classifieds Guidelines." What he was asking for is a part, and his request is accomplished in the classified section of this site, not in the tech forums. If I was scolding him, I would have deleted his post, banned him from the site, and chewed him out. I didn't do any of those things, just told him to post in the classified section. I also checked all the sources I have to see if I could find the latch for him. None of my normal sources had them either.

The moderators here are given the list of rules set up by the administrator of this site and entrusted to keep order here to distinguish this site from the other sites where the members act like idiots and say and do whatever they want. If you don't like the level of moderation here, by all means go somewhere else. You can consider yourself scolded.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 02-05-2012 at 07:36 AM.