Hot Rod Forum banner

need help with 383 stroker build

5K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  marvinp84 
#1 ·
im building a 383 stroker need some help picking out compression ratio cam and heads i wanna run afr heads forsure im also running a edelbrock pro flow xt fuel injection on this engine it has 44 lb/hr injectors rated up to 650 hp i wanna run around the 500 ft/lb to 500 hp rage the kit im getting is a cnc machined block scat rotating assembly flat top pistons if i run 65cc head ill be at 10:8:1 compression im also worried if that would be a bit high for pump gas as i wont allways run high octane fuel its going into a 71 chevelle with a 5 speed tremec manual trans and a 355 rear end use mostly for st/strip any suggestions as to what i should build this egine with cam head combo to meet my goal ?

#34 ·
Good points- I'll add instead of flow number quote the actaul head, provide a link if you can. Flow numbers are also PART of the package and don't mean everything- the large port Vortec Bowtie is a good example of that- it makes more power than the flow numbers would indicate.

#35 ·
AFR SBC 210cc Chevy CNC-Ported Aluminum Cylinder Heads | eBay

thats with a 65cc chamber that will give me 10:7:1 compression if i go with a 75cc it should drop it down around 10:1 im still iffy if i wanna run such high compression im just takeing off right now im goign to do some reasearch and post a build up on here later and see what you guys think and would change thanks for your guys input

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.