Hot Rod Forum banner

Need Help Air Ride Problems

879 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  xntrik 
#1 ·
I have a 1990 lincon town car with bags and they were workin fine till the other day and the front right wouldnt go down i messed with it a bit and got it to drop,but the next day the whole front end wont do anything and it just clicks. I checked power and the switches but i cant figure it out. If anyone has any ideas pleas reply........ I NEED HELP

#4 ·
bagged_lincoln said:
I have a 1990 lincon town car with bags and they were workin fine till the other day and the front right wouldnt go down i messed with it a bit and got it to drop,but the next day the whole front end wont do anything and it just clicks. I checked power and the switches but i cant figure it out. If anyone has any ideas pleas reply........ I NEED HELP

90 TownCars do not have air bags in the front.

#9 ·
KULTULZ said:
You can only expect customer service unless you are a customer, correct? What are you trying to do?

All I wanted is to see their photos on their site instead of red Xs.

Their VISA pictures come in clear.
Guess they want my money first.. Good way to drum up customers.

We have a website but you can't see it until you buy something..... I'm an old putz....

Thanks for the site written technical info. :thumbup:

#10 ·
Lincoln lover,Today is your lucky day!!! i have 2 Lincoln LSC"s with air ride!! This system is not as hard as we all think!! Believe me or not,LOL, i have in my possession ALL blueprints from Lincoln about any and all diagrams!!! Diagnosis and Repair!!! This system is not hard at all to fix!!!..I need more info from you on what happened ...to the right front..did you jack the car without turning off switch in trunk??...did the level ride lever come off or break on that wheel??...I can help you but i need more info...EDDIE

#12 ·
Gary, thanks for your help. The site is good reading.

At salvage yard from a wreck I found a low mileage pump for $ 25 and replaced it in 20 minutes. :thumbup:

Also got 4 mag wheels with brand new tires for $ 120.

And a perfect color deck lid for $ 100 for a friend's TC........ (Did you ever notice how so many old people back across the street into their mailboxes?.)

:welcome: Deal? :D

As a side benefit I met a customer there from 100 miles away who is heavy into FEs and Comets. :cool:

Fun afternoon. :) :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.